Here I bloody-well am - ain't I?

• 22 posts
    February 9, 2008 8:28 PM GMT
    Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this forum venue, and I realized that I haven't properly introduced myself - even tho

I've been a member for nearly 3 months. I have changed my name to Amanda Lavender recently; one

of my new wardrobe purchases on eBay recently arrived with a small sachet of lavender, and I fell in

love with the scent! I immediately went back to eBay and bought 2 lbs. of organically grown French

flowers and a hundred little mesh pouches to make my own sachets since I plan to sell clothing for large

TS's and TV's over the internet eventually. Little touches such as having the garments you are selling

arrive at their destination smelling wonderful help to encourage repeat business! I will submit another

post when I'm ready to open the doors of my eBay store with all pertinent info, but I digress.

I retired from the U.S. Postal Service at the end of May '07 at the tender age of 57. In order to ensure

that my former employer will have to pay my paltry monthly retirement for many years to come, I had to

stop drinking - which I did. I quickly came to the conclusion that I would have to take positive steps in

the direction of transition if I were to remain alcohol-free. I am now over 2 months into HRT and I had

first session with my laser technician/electrologist this week (it felt SOOO UN-feminine having to shave

my growing breasts!) In addition to individual psychotherapy, I have joined a transgendered therapy

group - which is invaluable for support while in transition... and after. The problem is that one of the

ground rules for this group prohibits any social interaction between its members outside of the actual

therapeutic context, leaving me bereft of kindred spirits to lunch, shop, hang out and share advice and

secrets with.

I suppose this is a plea to find some T-girls in my area to become friends - since I stopped drinking,

the bar scene is not an option. I live in central Texas (Austin), and I would LOVE to hear from other TS's

in my area. I am a VERY young 57, flowerchild of the 60's. My views are extremely liberal (bordering on

anarchistic), I really enjoy going out to hear LIVE music, and I like to walk the many greenbelt trails this

city has available (GAWD! this is starting to sound like a personal ad - and I guess it kinda is.) Anyway,

if any of y'all live close-by, I would like to hear from you. (Only TS/TV or FEMALE tranny admirer, please.)

I know there are others like me in my vicinity - let's get together for coffee or lunch and compare notes!

I am height/weight proportionate, and I DON"T bite (unless it is requested!)

Well, there you have it - I'm reaching out to members of this site in an effort to defeat the beast of

loneliness... please join me in this endeavor - we might just have some fun!

VERY sincerely, amandalavender XOXO
    • 1195 posts
    February 9, 2008 10:09 PM GMT
    Amanda L
    Now that you're properly introduced and a full member click on "Full members features" then go to "Members search" that should give you the info on members in Austin and its burbs.
    Bye the bye I joined on 2001 and never introduced myself - just sort of slind in.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Gracie
    • 1980 posts
    February 10, 2008 12:44 PM GMT
    Hey Amanda-

A big howdy from another Texas girl...now living in Oregon but originally from San Antonio. Glad you're here, hon, I hope you like it. Sorry this is so brief but it's off to work in a few. Talk more later I hope.

Hugs...Joni Marie