Hello Everyone

• 315 posts
    March 16, 2008 10:21 AM GMT

Hi Ang,

Just really to welcome you to TW., and to let you know that there is a small, but significant "Irish" membership here, and, I'm sure, we'd be willing and able to help you, in any way we can.
    But, please remember, some of the girls are more "open" about themselves than others, and we're a very broad "spectrum" of girls.
    I don't particularly like using "labels", but we're a mixture of CD/TV/TS/TG ......... whatever .......... etc. So, please, as has already been said, get to know us, and I'm sure you'll get all the help you need, and more!

Personally, I'm TG, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

But, in the meantime ................
    Welcome to TW ....................the best community around!!

Hugs,
    Angela.
    • 2 posts
    March 14, 2008 5:43 PM GMT
    Hi everyone, I just thought Id introduce myself, and big thanks to Katie for mentioning me already!
    I am angela and am a mature student at Queens university Belfast. I am looking for all sorts of information and cross-dressing which I am doing my dissertation on (in Social Anthropology), but I am also hoping that I will make good friends on this site too - you can never have too many.
    Ive kept this brief, but will fill you in on loads about me if you are interested. Thanks all.

Angela
    • 67 posts
    March 16, 2008 6:09 PM GMT

Hi Ang,

Good Luck with your dis....... er essay !!

Should you have any questions of a middle aged
    (closeted in the main) tranny feel free

vikki x
    • 2 posts
    March 22, 2008 1:51 AM GMT
    Hi again, and a big thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome!
    I haven't been on as much as I would have liked but am gonna be about much more . I really appreciate all your advice and patience, for as mentioned before I am new to this and am relying on you to keep me right! The last thing I would want to do is offend anyone, or be too nosey if told to wind my neck in!
    I am hoping to get in to chat very soon and make some good friends!

Ang xx
    • 2017 posts
    March 14, 2008 7:34 PM GMT
    Hi Ang, and a big welcome to TW! I am sure you will be able to find some people to help in your studies, but please take some time to get to know us first because we're a nice friendly bunch.

Just one point to note though..........P

Please check the girls persuasion before you ask too many questions about crossdressing. The reason being, a person who is defined as transsexual doesn't crossdress, they wear the clothes appropriate to their gender, and I know you wouldn't want to unwittingly cause any offense to anyone.

Good luck with your dissertation.

Nikki
    • 2463 posts
    March 15, 2008 1:57 AM GMT
    Hi Ang.

I am a TS, and not a cross-dresser, but I'll still help out any way I can.

Mere
    • 1980 posts
    March 16, 2008 4:31 PM GMT
    Hi Ang-

Welcome to TW, hon. Labels-schmabels, you can call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner. Any serious discussion of TG issues (and I use TG in it's broadest sense, to encompass everyone with gender issues) is a good thing. But yes, the point that has been brought up about self identity is a very valid one and some girls will take umbrage to carelessly being called a crossdresser or tranny or other term they may feel is disparaging. And as was also mentioned, some girls are more open and some are more reticent, as I'm sure you understand.

BTW, I love your name. My very best g-girl friend in the whole world, next to my wife, is named Angela and she also goes by Ang.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    March 22, 2008 9:00 PM GMT
    We'll look forward to seeing you in there, Ang.

Nikki