My first post! Hello everyone!

• 62 posts
    March 27, 2008 1:28 AM GMT
    I would just like to introduce myself now that I have found this amazing resource.

My actual name is Jonathan O'Brien, but for purposes here I will go by Angelyn.

I am 22 years old and reside in Denton, TX where I go fulltime to the University of North Texas.
    My hobbies include listening to and playing music (drumset), cosplaying (costuming), and learning Japanese.

My thoughts of the tg nature began in my early childhood and have grown since, constituting of many salon trips during my high school and college years. Recently I disclosed my secret to my girlfriend of over 2 years. She was more than happy to hear the truth and actually enjoys the fact that I understand those sides of female life. She endulges me and helps me in any way she can, whether its doing my hair, make-up, helping me shop for clothes, or just conversing on the topic. She is a big support for me as I explore who I am more in depth.

I have yet to take hormones or seek counseling, though I know that with my increasing thoughts about the female me those options may soon become desireable to me.

I come to trannyweb.com to seek a community where I can talk amongst other people like me along different points in transition whether it be advice, experiences, etc. I look forward to my membership here and can't wait to meet more of you all!

<3 Angelyn
    • 1912 posts
    March 27, 2008 2:42 AM GMT
    Welcome to TW Angelyn. There are lots of wonderful gals here and plenty of resources to fill your young mind, lol. Actually we have some great guy members here as well. I hope to meet you soon in chat.

Love,
    Marsha
    • 22 posts
    March 27, 2008 6:15 AM GMT
    Hello Angelyn and Welcome!

I'm Amanda Lavender about 250 south of you in Austin. It's a delight to greet another Texas Girl on the site! I read that you play the drums - are you in one of those fabulous jazz lab bands? The music school up there is among the best in the country... a lot of former Dentonites call Austin home. Do you ever find the time to visit Austin? SXSW just wrapped up and a lot of new talent has passed thru town lately. I highly recommend Duffy - she blew me away! I seem to be chattering like a grackle, so I'll just bid you welcome once again and say goodnight!

Amanda
    • 871 posts
    March 27, 2008 12:48 PM GMT
    Welcome to TrannyWeb Angelyn
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    March 27, 2008 2:00 PM GMT
    Welcome to TW Angelyn,you`re sure to make lots of great friends here. Hugs and kisses Michellexxx.
    • 1195 posts
    March 27, 2008 3:49 PM GMT
    Angelyn - another welcome from central Texas. We'll have to have a state gathering soon. Stay in touch and comment on any subject as you like.
    I'm not a native Texas - just lived here most of my life.
    again welcome and feel at home
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 62 posts
    March 27, 2008 5:05 PM GMT
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I already feel so welcome here.

Amanda - Unfortunately I am not nor was I ever in one of those awesome (and they are awesome!) North Texas lab bands. I came to UNT first as a Percussion Performance major, switching to a Jazz Performance major the next semester. However, the competition and pressure made me realize that that sort of enviroment was ruining my love for music and I changed once more. I have finally settled on a major of International Studies with a focus in business and a minor in Japanese, a culture in which I am highly interested and intrigued.

I mostly play drumset in a band I have been in for over a year now called Sententia Dementia. We play a sort of progressive/alternative/rock sort of mix. For any of you out there that have ever listened to the band Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy of DT is by far my biggest inspiration.

Sorry that was so lengthy!

Mary Grace - I too am not a native Texan! ^_^ I was born in Memphis, TN and then raised in St. Louis, MO from the age of 2 til I left for college. I expect to stay in Texas atleast til I graduate and possibly longer depending on where my career takes me.

Thanks again, everyone! I can't wait to get to know you all better. Have a great day!

<3 Angelyn
    • 315 posts
    March 27, 2008 10:54 PM GMT

Hi Angelyn,

And welcome to TW.

You'll find loads of great girls here, for chat, advice, information, ................... whatever you need!
    We're a big, diverse Sisterhood, so just make yourself at home. You'll fit right in !

Get that bottle of wine out the fridge, kick back, and enjoy !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx
    • 1980 posts
    March 27, 2008 12:14 PM GMT
    Howdy Angelyn-

<a tip of my cute pink stetson> I'm a Texas girl, too, though I don't live there any more. Nice to meet you, welcome to TW, hon. This is such a great place, I hope you like it here.

Hugs...Joni Marie

(Sorry this is rushed, off to work in just a few.)
    • 2017 posts
    March 27, 2008 2:12 PM GMT
    Welcome to TW! I hope you enjoy the community we have here and I'm sure you'll make some new friends in no time at all.

Nikki
    • 2068 posts
    March 27, 2008 10:31 PM GMT
    Hi There Angelyn........welcome to TW, you made the right choice hon cos you'll make loads of like-minded friends here.

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie