Babe on a Budget

• 171 posts
    April 8, 2008 9:00 AM BST
    I light-heartedly posed this question in the chatroom recently, but have since thought it might make for an interesting thread..

It's obviously possible to spend a significant amount of money, whilst revealling that you are a woman. But what can you achieve by spending a lot, lot, less?

So. If you had a maximum of £15.00 (or equivalent) to spend to enhance how you feel as a woman, how would you spend it?

No. I'm not actually Gordon Brown.

Or Alistair Darling.
    • 236 posts
    April 8, 2008 10:25 AM BST
    being last of the big spenders
    with £15 I would buya pack of disposable razors buy some bath foam and a small bottle of body lotion.Then soak in a nice aromatic bubble bath luxuriate for an hour. Then shave body all over and finally when out of the bath massage in the body lotion all over feeling all soft smooth and sensual I would then feel as much like a woman in body at that moment as I could hope.
    • 1195 posts
    April 8, 2008 3:52 PM BST
    Your 15 pounds (American keyboard) would convert to $30.00. There's a Half Off store near here which sells closeouts. What the high end stores aren't able to sell or the garments are out of season are priced rediculously low - or rather within my non-existent budget. I'd go look for a nice blouse and skirt - in season or not. I can pack it away til the seasons change.

My, I just read what I wrote - sounds frugal.....not me.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 23 posts
    April 8, 2008 7:56 PM BST
    i am a woman so nowt to enhance the feeling but if i had £15 to spend it is supriseing what that will get at mattalan and what girl can resist a new outfit.
    paula
    • 126 posts
    April 8, 2008 8:02 PM BST

My first thought was "it has to be chocolate" LOL

Then i thought "primark for 10 pairs of knix", or "super savers for some foundation, mascara, maybe eyeshadow too. Failing that it would be Sainsburys for some pretty bling, or the bag shop for a new purse perhaps.

oh dear it seems like im up to 75 quid already, and ive only just started this 15 quid shopping trip

By the way, if you were Gorden Brown, it would be impossible to spend so little to enhance how you feel as a woman. If you are Alistair Darling tho, you might get away with some hair dye and a pair of tweezers
  • April 8, 2008 8:48 PM BST
    Actually with my 20% staff discount I could buy a bit more than £15 worth at Matalan.
    • 1083 posts
    April 8, 2008 9:21 PM BST
    $40 USD can buy some good stuff at Wal-Mart--for example:

Cover Girl Mascara--$3.87
    New panties (3 pack, for daily wear)--$5.96
    Cuuuuuuuute new top in my size--$6.00
    New front-opening bra (40c)--$6.94
    New set of gel shape enhancers (mine finally died)--$15.97

Total spent: $38.74. Not bad for a girl on a budget!

I know that the amount I spent is a bit over the $30 set earlier in the post. However, that is what I dropped just yesterday...!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 2573 posts
    April 8, 2008 10:05 AM BST
    I no longer need "props". It's a matter of feeling. Still nothing like a new pair of shoes from Payless Shoe Source and some chocolate.