My MAC lesson - comments?

• 62 posts
    April 11, 2008 7:49 AM BST
    Hi all! Cindi and I had a make-up lesson at MAC today to hone our skills and for me to learn how to do my own make-up! It was a grand experience.

Our teacher was probably around our age, very spunky, and learned how to do cross-over make-up from a male make-up artist that did a master class on that type of application.

She went through it all very slowly, explaining everything and reviewing every once and a while. As well, she left the whole left side of my face to my hands to make sure I could do it and to help me every step of the way. So half of the final product is all me (kinda)!

It was really fun learning all she had to teach. The way she did beard coverage, the way she used highlighting/contouring to reshape my face and her ideas on eyeshadow/lip color were amazing. We both learned a lot and then ended up spending a tad bit of money on some of the basics that I need to do it myself at home.

And now for some proof! This will be rather different from my avatar picture as I am not formally dressed nor is my hair all done up. But I guess it proves its my real hair, eh?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

<3 Angelyn

• 62 posts
    April 11, 2008 10:34 PM BST
    Seems my post got lost from the "recently posted threads" area rather quickly since I posted over night.

I would just appreciate some comments if any of you all don't mind! It would make my day.

<3 Angelyn

(I feel bad for bumping, but especially posting late at night, posts tend to get lost easily from the small window of "recent posts" in the current system. Perhaps a system where it just lists the thread instead of each individual post, so that more different threads can be displayed in the "recently posted threads" column, thus allowing for people to easily access and view more threads than currently possible. I'll post this again in the appropriate forum. )
    • 40 posts
    April 12, 2008 2:14 AM BST
    Hi Angelyn,

I think the time you and Cindi spent with MAC was totaly worth it. A totaly wonderful make up application, you look beautiful.

As to you hair, also looks fabulous, looks to be the same lenght as mine.

Mac is excellent make-up, I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience.

Say Hi to Cindi for me.

Take Care of You, Hugs

Bridgette, xx
    • 62 posts
    April 12, 2008 6:33 AM BST
    Thanks for the comments, Rae and Bridgette! I was nervous when she made me do my side, but she said I did great, especially for having pretty much no make-up experience myself.

I really feel like I learned a lot. About the differences in facial features, and just the techniques in contouring/highlighting alone was amazing. I can't wait to try it out on my own!

I think the hardest parts were applying eyeliner and mascara. Gave me a tad bit of trouble.

Thanks again!

<3 Angelyn

P.S. Cindi says hi, Bridgette.
    • 15 posts
    April 12, 2008 10:15 PM BST
    Your make-up looks stunning, Angelyn - you look beautiful. I wish I could do mine half as well as you've done yours (and I've been doing it for years!) I keep hearing that MAC is good stuff, but I've never seen it in the shops round our neck of the woods .... is it an American brand, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Lizzie
    • 62 posts
    April 12, 2008 11:21 PM BST
    Lizzie - Thanks bunches, hun! And to give credit where its due, half of the make-up was LaDonna's work (our teacher) and the other half was myself under careful instructions and touch-ups by LaDonna, so I'm sure to get it looking like it did at the store, I'll have to do some practicing!

MAC is wonderful and their make-up artists are known for the knowledge and versatility. They *might* be an American brand but of that I am not sure. You can check on their website at www.maccosmetics.com, though!

Thanks again!.

<3 Angelyn
    • 734 posts
    April 12, 2008 1:54 AM BST
    Hey Angelyn,

Not sure where the problem with 'new' posts is, I tend to just work the threads by date and hope for the best!

Hunni, that photo is good. The make-up is good - I'm way too much of an amateur to go into detail! But you are truly blessed with a good base to start from.

Continue to be proud of yourself - as the hair adverts say, you're worth it!

Much love

Rae xx