Vacation plans for the summer

• 1195 posts
    May 2, 2008 9:15 PM BST
    We're(the wife and I) making plans for a three week vacation this summer. We figure it's now or never.
    Tell us - if you will- do you like to take a vacation during the summer or during the winter?
    Then again some like to take many long weekends and spread their vacation time over the entire year.
    No need to divulge and details, just when and for how long?
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    May 2, 2008 10:07 PM BST
    Mary,
    I am somewhat fortunate because I have my own service business and can schedule time off whenever I would like. My preference tends to be for shorter vacations, maybe 3 or 4 day weekends. This year I have taken a 7 day trip to Orlando with my wife and dad, and a 3 day trip to Myrtle Beach with my wife. We have 2 more 3 day ones planned in June. Depending on time and finances of course, we might try to visit a good friend of mine in Wisconsin this year for up to a week. Otherwise my time off will be spent around home as there is always plenty to do here.

I usually take the shorter trips during the busier times of year for my business with maybe one weeklong trip in the summer with my family. My wife works for the schools so we tend to go based on the school vacation schedule.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2017 posts
    May 2, 2008 9:52 PM BST
    I take as many long weekends as possible Mary, and fortunately my job means I have to go on camping/hiking trips and sailing or mountain bike residentials too so I am lucky there. I also have an unbelievable amount of leave to use during the year and I take advantage of that.

We always have a family holiday in the summer, and sometimes a winter one too depending on the skiing conditions. At the very least I will take 3-4 weeks off of work over Christmas to spend with the family. We also make lots of day trips throughout the year with the children.

Nikki

• 2127 posts
    May 3, 2008 1:16 AM BST
    Where I live now (in the UK), the weather is really bad from about October until June, so I think the best time to go away to somewhere that is lovely and warm, is between November and February, when the weather here is at its worst.

Sydney looks nice, or perhaps Nukuʻalofa. This may sound a bit odd from someone who worked for several years in Alaska!

However, at other times of the year, when it's warmer, I do love Venice!

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2463 posts
    May 3, 2008 1:49 AM BST
    My two goals for this year is to get to L.A. to hang out with Lilienne, and back to Denver to hang out with Josie.
    • 2627 posts
    May 3, 2008 11:28 AM BST
    When things are right I like to go in both spring & fall. Fishing off the Fla. cost. Nothing like hooking into something that takes an hour to fight into the boat.