Sterility

• May 25, 2008 1:51 PM BST
    I took hormones about 3 years ago, once for about 2 months straight, then quit. About a year after that I took it for another month, then quit again.

I took spironolactone, estradlol, and another drug. I forget the exact dosages/names. They were listed here once:
    http://www.annelawrence.com/hormoneindex.html

Appears the link is now invalid.

Anyways, while I was taking it I did notice my ejaculations became clear liquid.

Now though, my sperm is back to white. However, there's some clear liquid still. Is this an indication of a decreased sperm count? Is this a sign of sterility?
    • 1912 posts
    May 25, 2008 4:43 PM BST
    Hmm, you make no mention of your age here or in your profile. For the short period you used hormones it is amazing you reached the clear stage to start with. It is very unlikely the hormones you took for that short period caused permanent sterility, however, you can't rule it out nor should you rule out any other health issue which may be causing what you are seeing. Bottomline is you should see a doctor. Even if a doctor read your post here online he could not diagnose what may or may not be going on. In any event if you are hoping for sterility, don't count on this situation for birth control, last I heard it only takes one.
    Hugs,
    Marsha