Removing thread subscription

• 22 posts
    June 13, 2008 10:39 PM BST
    I don't like thread subscriptions...I used forums before E-mail and am used to checking a forum if I'm interested in the replies. However, this forum seems to be auto-subscribing me to every thread I post in, and I can't seem to turn it off because the "Forum Notifications" thing says it IS off, and my settings say I'm not subscribing to any threads. However, this is not true as I keep getting E-mails to my school account about posts here! Is there any way I can permanently disable all notifications?
    • 22 posts
    June 15, 2008 1:42 AM BST
    It doesn't seem to help...I keep getting E-mails that I don't want sent to an account that some people can see the contents of who I'd rather not have know about my possible transsexuality...
    • 2627 posts
    June 13, 2008 11:48 PM BST
    I'm having the same trouble. I don't want to lable TW as spam but getting so many emails is a bother.
    HELP!!!!!!
    • 530 posts
    June 14, 2008 2:19 PM BST
    It's a bit of a backwards button, you have to click off, then it stops notifications and shows on. Weird, but that's the way it works for me!
    Sue
    • 2127 posts
    June 14, 2008 9:10 PM BST
    And remember that apart from Thread Notifications on specific threads, there are also Forum Notifications as well.

You need to make sure that you have unsubscribed to both.

By the way, the default setting is "Off"' so you actually have to subscribe in order to receive notifications.

Also check your Forum preferences because when you make a post you are either informed of the first reply, or all replies or not at all. Check to see what you have set.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x

• 2127 posts
    June 15, 2008 10:40 AM BST
    Hi Natascha, I've just checked through your forums and your Forum Notifications were all set to off apart from one - the Technical Support Forum.

Therefore, you will have received notifications of replies to this very thread.

I have switched your notifications for this forum off now so you should no longer receive any.

Sue, I have changed the way the Thread Notification link looks so it should be a bit more self-explanatory now.

And Karen, is the mail you get from the forums? If so you just need to make sure that all of your notification options are switched off for every forum.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x