Kinky Boots

• 32 posts
    June 25, 2008 12:14 PM BST
    Hi everyone,
    The "Kinky Boots" film was on one of the freeview channels a couple of days ago and I found myself really feeling for the factory owner (my family was heavily into the Northamptonshire boot and shoe industry until it practically died out a decade or so ago - so this film brought back some happy memories as well). Anyway, I thought I would look on the web to see if they are still going and there is a website http://www.shop.edirector[...]/index/. Looking through it I found a pair of shoes I rather liked, only 2 1/2 inch heels but then at 6ft in my stockings I don't like to tower too far above my partner I wanted to ask a couple of questions about them before placing an order but I have had no response to several telephone calls or emails.

So after that rather long preamble, does anyone know if they are really still trading or have gone the way of so many others?

Andrea
    • 112 posts
    June 25, 2008 2:15 PM BST
    I watched it last year i think it was at Ma's and Mags'. I loved the film was goin to watch it the other night but had to be up early the following day for work so didn't watch it. Will buy it on dvd at some point.
    • 773 posts
    June 25, 2008 6:28 PM BST
    It was my pleasure to see "Kinky Boots" with Maryanne at the Lyceum in Leicester Square shortly after it opened.

Unfortunately, Sir Bob Geldolf was holding court in the theater's bar, celebrating his nobel peace prize or some similar accomplishment, so we were unable to enjoy a pint. Great flick, though.
    • 773 posts
    June 25, 2008 6:29 PM BST
    I believe the company is still in business. They have a showroom in Northampton.
    • 773 posts
    June 26, 2008 2:01 AM BST
    As I recall, I had two trannies within a foot.
    • 32 posts
    June 26, 2008 10:04 AM BST
    Thank-you Rae, but I had found the shop site. The problem is that I haven't had an email or a phone call answered or returned so I was wondering if any of the girls on here had ordered anything from them recently or knew if they really were trading still.

Love
    Andrea xx
    • 374 posts
    June 26, 2008 11:29 PM BST

"Kinky Boots" is a great movie! If you haven't seen it already I highly recommend it!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 26 posts
    June 27, 2008 11:11 AM BST
    I really enoyed it too! a great feel-good film.

XX

Debbie
    • 32 posts
    July 3, 2008 10:21 PM BST
    Hi girls,

It seems that the Kinky Boots Factory has become http://www.darkkitten.co.uk. Unfortunately the shoes I rather loved are not on this site any more . However, I have been searching far and wide including of course on ebay where I found a cute pair of round toed courts with a bow and kitten heels originally from Evans in size 10 - could probably have done with a half size bigger but a girl has to suffer for her looks - lol.

But that got me thinking - see the brain cells aren't all dead - and I had a look on Long Tall Sally. Shoes and boots on there go up to size 11 - not more than about a 2 inch heel at
    most, but then I'm already six foot and higher heels than that would make it very difficult to pass - lol.

Hugs and Kisses to all
    Andrea xx
    • 315 posts
    July 13, 2008 12:46 PM BST

Hi Girls,

Just to slightly digress from the "true" subject of this thread, some of you have posted about the film "Kinky Boots".

Well, some of you might be interested to know that the "Rights" to the story were sold this week to a production company, who plan to turn it into a stage musical.

If that is a success, they will then make a movie of the Musical.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 734 posts
    June 25, 2008 11:20 PM BST
    try http://www.divine.co.uk/

Much love

Rae xx