Cricket Explained !!

• 315 posts
    June 29, 2008 7:37 PM BST
    Hi Girls,
    As you probably all know, this weekend was Sparkle, and a lot of you were there (hopefully having a fantastic time!!).

A few weeks ago, all the planning started for our TW Netball Team, to take part at the Sparkle tournament.
    There was much discussion about the Rules of Netball, and, I'm sure, although someone found a web-site that explained the game, it would have been far easier if there had been a thread here, explaining all about it.

So, to cover the possibility that next year they decide to have a cricket tournament at Sparkle, here's a brief explanation of what the game of cricket is all about.

(It will also be of interest to our American sisters, as I've yet to meet an American who can understand anything about cricket !!).

HOW TO PLAY CRICKET.

When both sides have been in, and all the men are out (including those who were not out), then the game is finished.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in, and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes out to go in until he's out.

Sometimes, there are men still in and not out.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

So, now that you know, and completely understand everything about cricket, you should be able to "show-up" those men in the Sports Bar, when they say, "I can never understand cricket!"
    And, to our American sisters, you can now hold your head high, and explain just how simple the game of cricket is, to your Baseball loving friends !!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.