travel in the USA/Canada or Mexico

• 1195 posts
    July 31, 2008 8:06 PM BST
    A quick survey. (Hah!)
    Has anyone been anywhere in these three countries that the rest of us in these three countries might like to visit?

For example: I finally got to see the coast of Maine - not all of it but some - it was very different from my previous travel experiences.
    Since this is the USA forum - nothing against our sisters across the pond---I did include Canada and Mexico. Many Americans go into Canada during their vacation and the same can be said for Mexico. I'm certain Canadian and Mexicans visit places I'd love to see. Plus they don't have their own forum.
    • 1083 posts
    August 5, 2008 11:34 PM BST
    Mary, hon--

It's more like where hasn't Little Miss Mercury been. I'll make you a counter-offer: Tell me where you want to visit (and when), and I can probably tell you what's interesting there. (I can also tell you where NOT to go, if you wish.)

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 1195 posts
    August 9, 2008 2:50 PM BST
    Mina Thanks for the info - I'll keep you in mind for our next vacation. Been thinking about Vancouver/Victoria, Canada.
    Have to save some money first.
    thanks and hugs
    Gracie
  • August 13, 2008 8:46 PM BST
    I haven't been to Mexico yet...planning on going to the Ritz Carlton at Cancun in 2010. But I have been to a lot of places in the U.S. and abroad. Up to more than 30 countries and about as many States.
    Just returned from 5 days in Iowa and heading to Rhode Island on Saturday for the Water Fires.
    I'd be happy to provide information on any place that I have been...Hiking in Utah...Palm Springs and Palm Desert, California...Key West and places in Fla....Maine, Vermont, Mass.....Grand Canyon....Las Vegas....Newport.....Chicago
    .... Washington DC....Okay, you get the idea.
    I'm a photographer, so be happy to share with you some pics of my travels too. Just e-mail me .... [email protected].

David
    • 1083 posts
    August 13, 2008 9:09 PM BST
    Hey, sugah!

While it has been a few years, Vancouver Island/Victoria is lovely, epsecially in the spring. You simply must catch the Buchart Gardens, and tea at the (Fairmont) Empress. (I enjoyed the tea, especially.) Vancouver BC is also nice; there's all kinds of neat things to go see and do. Shopping is always fun, and there's lots of it.

Here's a link for Victoria's online tourism guide: http://issuu.com/tourismv[...]de_2008

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 1912 posts
    August 13, 2008 9:24 PM BST
    I grew up in Seattle so I visited Vancouver/Victoria often. For that matter my wife and I honeymooned in Victoria. Definitely worth visiting.

A place that I think many forget about is Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Very pretty country and unique terrain.

If you ever find yourself spending time in the Seattle area you may want to visit the town of Leavonworth on the otherside of the mountains. Leavonworth is a fun bavarian style town in a gorgeous setting about 2hrs northeast of Seattle. You can make it even more fun by riding motorcycles on the winding roads through the mountains to get there.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • August 29, 2008 1:40 PM BST
    Just in case you are interested, I set up a MySpace with some of my travel photos. Some of the girls had asked me to e-mail thjem some photos so I thought this would be the easy way. I'll be adding more in the coming weeks...Newport...Palm Desert and Palm Springs...Chicago....Hilton Head...Florida......Arizona....etc.
    (And of course, New York)
    If you want to take a look the url is
    http://www.myspace.com/skyrider725

Feel free to e-mail me any time.