Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » TG Books » If you had to write a Book ............

If you had to write a Book ............

Tags : None
  • Ok, Girls ..................

If you had to write a book, on any subject, which "genre" would you choose ? ................
    For example, would it be a Thriller, a Romance, a Sci-Fi, Biography, or one of the many, many other genres?

And, have you ever actually either actually written one, or started and failed ?
    If so, tell us something about it.

Hugs,
    Angela. xxx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      August 6, 2008 6:09 PM BST
  • I have two history books coming out within two years, one on the Chicago labor movement, the other on the Jazz Age.

I have also written two fiction books and am in the process of finding an agent. One is a children's book, the other a work of interconnecting short stories geared for the adult reader.

I have also written 7 journal articles, as well as over 30 encyclopedia and reference pieces.
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      August 6, 2008 8:21 PM BST
  • I was always rather good at writing but I just never got around to really getting stuck into it, I always had (and have) too many other things that require my attention.

However, given the opportunity I would write fiction/drama or maybe sci-fi. Plus I would enjoy covering something on WWII history or perhaps the history of early polar exploration.

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      August 6, 2008 8:50 PM BST
  • They say that every tranny girl has a book in her (which must hurt a bit) and just to prove that is true, I have just written my first book.

It's called, "Katie Glover's Girl Guide" and it will be available fairly soon. The publication date has slipped a bit because of various factors outside my control but when it finally does appear I do hope that your will all read it.

Hugs,

Katie x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      August 6, 2008 9:28 PM BST
  • **grins**

It's nice to see my publisher has issues getting her books out...! (Katie, hon--I've been waiting to read your book for a year now. I know what you're going through, so hang in there.)

As many of you are probably sick to death of seeing, I've got four books out already. (Have you bought any or all of them yet?) I am hoping to release a fifth book later this fall; this one a collection of short stories. (I've had to re-write one of the stories, and may add one more story to it, depending.) They are all TG/TS based, and are essentially the kind of thing one could read in about 15 minutes each or so. They all have some unique twists, and are the kind of thing I like to read when I have time.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    Living as the woman I am!
      August 12, 2008 2:48 PM BST
  • ...and now for something completely different...............

I've spent a lot of holidays hiking around the swedish mountains on, and off ,the main trails.There's a vague idea, which comes and goes, about putting together a sort guide book to the area for hikers from the UK and using my own photos.However,I doubt that it would be even vaguely economically viable. Maybe one day...............when the more immediate problems like ..........a job..........have been sorted out.

ciao
    Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      August 15, 2008 7:28 PM BST
  • I would like to someday write a self-help book relating to transition. It would be a collection of personal experiences along with experiences of other TG gals who have ever desired to transition. Although my favorite term is this is not all fun and games, it would not only focus on the bad days of transition nor would it pretend they did not exist. If anything, I want it to be a resource book that gals anywhere along the transition line can use for reference and not feel like they are doing this all alone. I don't profess to currently having all the answers to write such a book, obviously it would require an incredible amount of research.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

August 15, 2008 7:53 PM BST
  • Marsha--

Though I have not totally transitioned, I'd love to see a book like that and would be willing to share some of my experiences. I know what I've gone through just to get as far as I have; and seeing how others who have taken the next steps fared would be invaluable.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    Living as the woman I am!
      August 15, 2008 10:17 PM BST
  • Well, i do actually have a book to my name. Ok, several other peeps added their bits but i did the majority of the work on it. Its nothing TGon it . I did this via our local historic society & the book is all to do with the life story of a man who used to skipper one of the boats that used to fish out of lowestoft in the early 1900's & its called " Of Fish and Men". when i can find a pic, i'll add it to this forum.

" So i'm not JUST a pretty face"...hehe
    Lol xxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      August 15, 2008 11:23 PM BST