Question for everyone

• 5 posts
    August 14, 2008 9:11 PM BST
    I am a little confused about myself. I am a crossdresser but recently I have been taking herbs and using herbal oils to grow my breasts. Now for my dilema I don't want to fully transition just grow small breasts. Does this make me transgender or still a crossdresser? I don't want to become a woman just feel more like one. I know it is just a label and it should not matter but I need to try and put this in some kind of perspective for myself. Any comments will be appreciated and I will be on to reply when I can. Thank you all.
    • 1912 posts
    August 14, 2008 10:43 PM BST
    Just so we are all on the same page as far as terms go, transgender(TG) is the umbrella term, transvestite/crossdresser(TV/CD) and transsexual(TS) are categories under transgender. In some areas it appears that transgender is interchanged with transsexual so I am assuming that you are asking if growing small breasts makes you a transsexual.

Your statement that you don't want to become a woman pretty much says you are not likely a transsexual. Besides it is not that we want to become one, we are one already inside, we just have a male shell outside. Many TV/CD's feel the desire to grow breasts for various reasons so my guess is that is where you fall.

Now with that said, why do you want breasts? Assuming your pricey herbs accomplish your goal of growing breasts without harming you, are you ready for people staring at your boobs or not being able to go swimming anymore with others around. Breastforms serve a great purpose and even women use them. Whatever you do, know your limits and stay in reality.

Hugs,
    Marsha

With that out of the
    • 5 posts
    August 16, 2008 1:31 PM BST
    Thank you all for your helpfull replies. Oh my where to start, I want to cover everything. I am using Fenugreek, saw Pimmento, and Flax seed in capsule form and Flax oil for massages. All are very baneficial herbs to cleanse the body of impurities as well as natural Phytoestrogens. Any natural product I believe should be more beneficial to my body than hjust hormones. I weigh 210 lbs and am only 5'8"tall so I have small man boobs right now I gust want to have a bit more to be able to see and feel more femanin. I am aware of the things people say and think, but as I am over weight the size shouldn't change what they already say and think.

As for me dealing with the effect of having small breasts, I am ok with what people might see. I have wonderful support from my GF, and two close female friends. I do understand even a slight change will be noticable but I believe the physical and emotional comfort I will have out weighs anything anyone might think or say or me.

I have lived most of my school years and some of my adult years being picked on or laughed at (I was one of the kids that moved alot, had no close friends, and got picked on) so I developed a tough skin in in that area.

I now have a close nitt of good friends and they support me in this .I do appreciate all the responces and I am going to try to keep all the info in mind.

Again thank you all for your replies and I am sorry it took so long for me to get back here.
    • 2573 posts
    August 15, 2008 12:41 AM BST
    Beth,
    Marsha is right. If you are TS you already feel like a woman, think like a woman, and want your body to match your brain's gender. Wanting to look like a woman, for any other reason, can lead you into a number of side paths such as autogynophilia. You may also prefer to be a woman, if you could be, but not feel that you were born a woman in the wrong body. The number of places in the brain that can be affected by your individual development due to environment and DNA are to numerous to list here. Refer to the Human Genome. Any or all of these can be active in any person's brain since we ALL start as a female fetus no matter what our sex genes are XX or XY or another mix of X's and Y's. It's not until the 7th week that sexual characteristics even appear. This makes labeling difficult to accomplish with any degree of accuracy....thus "transgendered" to cover any degree of gender differentiation. I personally would be happier as a woman but clearly im intergendered and have a brain with characteristics of both sexes/genders. This is why stereotyping is doomed to failure. Figure out who you are and live your life in the way that makes you happy. Don't look for a box to climb into because you like the label.

Time spent here at TW can help you figure out some of this puzzle.

If the issue for you is breasts full time, consider implants which will not affect your sex drive or expose you to certain medical side effects/dangers of hormonal treatments....and will be reversible with relatively little scarring. Less intrusive are attachable and non-attachable forms.

Over time your degree of urgency to cross dress, your reasons and goals may change. Be careful about commitments that are irreversible before being sure of where you want to end up and why. This should not be a contest of "who is more femme". Be You.
    • 734 posts
    August 15, 2008 1:17 AM BST
    Hi Beth,

I think you probably get the gist of the advice on your question! And, sorry hun, I have to agree with the advice you've been given so far.

Your profile indicates you cd at home. No problem. But if you were to achieve your goal of small breasts how would that impact on your life outside the home?

Its a question well worth considering.

Even small breasts on a predominantly male form do not go unnoticed, even with baggy clothing. I speak from experience.

Whilst I'm very happy to have been born with breasts, small granted, about an A cup at a push (or maybe I should say a 'push-up'!), they are not invisible and give my upper torso a more distinctive shape.

Due to my nipple sensitivity, wearing a bra is a must. This enhances the shape even more but you will get noticed more.

Particularly in T-Shirt weather.

And, bizarrely, I find that whilst I get the odd 'funny' look with a bra - I get far more when I don't wear one, because then my breasts are more obvious.

Forgive me if this sounds a little hurtfull, its not meant to be, but having breasts - of any size - is'nt a fantasy, they bring on many other issues and their own responsibilities.

Because of what I am and my situation, I think I'm blessed with my breasts. You may find your reality completely different.

There is a wonderfull African saying: Don't wish for a hippopotamus unless you've got a big back yard...

Much love

Rae x
    • 2017 posts
    August 15, 2008 8:02 AM BST
    There are two points here that stand out for me.

1. If you are transsexual you already feel like a woman so having your own breasts won't change that, what it does is to match your body to suit your brain and helps with acceptance by others maybe.

2. If you are CD/TV then you really should stick to breast forms, they can accomplish pretty much anything real ones can but at least you can remove them when you are done. In particular, the problems it may cause you when swimming, using changing rooms and day to day problems of keeping them hidden should not be overlooked.

If it sounds like we are all lecturing you here, it's because from experience we have come across many of the pitfalls before and are only looking out for your best interests in the long run.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    August 15, 2008 3:32 PM BST
    Hi Beth,
    Most CD/TV’s (to me those terms mean the same thing) that I have met are more than just men who like wearing women’s clothes. Maybe there is such a thing as a man who wears female clothes but isn’t transgender, but in my experience they all identify in some way as having some sort of partial female identity. Many are happy being blokes and enjoy doing blokey things, some greatly dislike their “blokey side” yet still do not wish to actually change sex and live as female. It seems to me that all TV’s are indeed transgender, and you are obviously no different.
    You’re just a normal TG person so please don’t feel you have some sort of dilemma. It’s quite common for people like you to want to gain some breast tissue, or as you say, “grow small breasts”. The practicalities of doing so are debatable though, and I wouldn’t recommend anyone take hormones if they don’t want to live fulltime as female. I wouldn’t recommend anyone take any sort of herbals either since “human estrogen” is cheaper to buy and proven to be effective. I think a lot of TV’s take herbals because they just want some slight growth, and fear that “the real thing” will take them too far. I do understand transgender people who don’t want to transition wanting to grow small breasts, but I wouldn’t recommend they try. I really can’t see that slight breast growth is going to make you feel more like a woman, or make you any happier about your body, and as has been pointed out, it’s bound to impact your life in other ways, and not just when you’re going swimming either.
    Beth, you’re TG, specifically a CD (or TV if you prefer), none of which matters - hopefully you are just a nice person. Wanting your body to be in some slight way more feminine is quite normal for someone like you.

Hi Anne Selene, welcome back to TW!
    xx