The truth about cats and dogs

• October 9, 2008 9:41 AM BST
    Not all of you know this, but I've been lurking quietly on this site, reading posts and blogs for several months before I actually joined. I had been told that Trannyweb was the place to be. So, when I thought it was a good time to announce my pressence I joined up and introduced myself.

Now I keep wondering why I bothered, was it my joining that made this site into the miserable place it is? I don't think so, as I'm sorry to say I've contributed little, since I simply found very little worth contributing to.

It's either the Yanks moaning that the English can't spell. Is it really that important that everyone's spelling and grammar is perfect? Most people's spelling isn't perfect, I'm sure mine isn't either, but to make such a big fuss about it? Geez Louise, get a life!

The new thread on bullying made me think, I've been bullied and beaten in real life, I'd not really considered the idea of cyber-bullying, but I can now see it for what it is, thank you Sarah Ann for pointing this problem out, it is obvious to me that the biggest bully on this site is { Admin edit} In the past months she's had posts of hers deleted because she was rude, offensive, a serial poster that kills forum threads. She's so conceited she probably doesn't even realize that she's a bully, don't believe me? Try reading her blogs, if you've got the stomach to do so.

With the recent exodus of various members, all of whom brought a smile to the forums and the blogs, this website has become as boring as the inside of my closet, a place where I've spent too much life already. I'm sick of being in the closet and on this site, I plan to stay in neither.

I apologize to the many nice people I've met on this site, I do not wish to 'tar you all with the same brush' as this site is being ruined by just a few, however I'm not prepared to wait for their departure.

Goodbye
    • 2358 posts
    October 9, 2008 12:04 PM BST
    Don't you dare leave,, your the type of person this site needs, honest, up front and unfortuanately too many people like you have left and are leaving. But the consensus from some that you comments and post on this subject would be considered a personal attack and should be censored and hidden away.
    • 1980 posts
    October 9, 2008 3:21 PM BST
    Rebecca-

Hon, I so hope you will reconsider. Your contributions, no matter if you are disagreeing with someone, make this site a better place. Please do stay and be a part of making TW better.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 734 posts
    October 9, 2008 11:07 PM BST
    Well, my tuppence is this: If you don't like it, why not stay and help to change it and bring it back to what it was? This is - I'll be frank - the absolute weakest reason to leave an otherwise excellent site. Its a stance that defies belief.

Because this really is your site. And its Carrens site. Its Danique's site. Its Angela's site. Its Maryanne's site etc etc.

Bailing out is not the answer.

Sorry I posted that here, it applies to all of us not any particular one of us.

Much love

Rae xx
    • 734 posts
    October 9, 2008 11:16 PM BST
    Anne Selene,

You are an asbsolute darling. My posting history shows I have often defended you and given you the benefit of the doubt. I think you are an intriguing character and can offer much through humour and experience.

That said, your comment here stretches facts even further than I can stretch them - and I'm pretty good at stretching facts! lol

Of course, as Anne Selene you only joined recently and - I don't know for certain but will accept your comment - left your herby declarations at home.

But you were here for a long time as Anne Selene Fantasia doing just the opposite. And people have long memories.

Now, girl, I'm glad to see you and I think you have much to offer. But - and its a big but - you need to drop the victim mentality and expose that warm and cuddly side of you that I know is just itching to get out...!

Much love to you

Rae xx
    • 2017 posts
    October 10, 2008 9:22 AM BST
    Why would Rebecca's post be removed???? And we all know that the picture is not her, she made that clear herself in an earlier post.

Anyway, it is easy to make friends here, there are lots of nice people around although it's sad when other friends choose to leave for whatever reason.

But can we all just keep the bad things out of the threads because that seems to be the only thing I read about these days. It's about time we put the fun back into this site but it's going to take a lot more than just one person to make that happen, we all need to stop whining and start having fun again!

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    October 11, 2008 2:54 AM BST
    Like any place you live, work or play, change occurs for the better or the worse cyclically Despite periodic disruptions, things return to their normal, supportive and friendly baseline in time. Katie has chosen to run a very tolerant website and has been very responsive to the wishes of the majority on many issues. Leaving TW to avoid short term problems is denying oneself the benefits of being here. Over time, problems disappear and fade and the warmth and love returns to the surface. I encourage everyone to let time repair things and, if necessary, just take a "time out" for a few months and then return. I think you will find that things change and that there are many good things here to miss over that time.

May I also point out that PMing a moderator about a problem post will probably get faster action. I tend to deal with PM notifications before running through all the posts since my last log in. I'm sure all the other moderators have their forum notifications active for their forum.(s). While we can't be here every day we try to not let them back up. If no action has been taken for 72 hrs then something probably has been missed and a Personal reminder to us is not amiss.