My Sister

• 140 posts
    October 27, 2008 5:46 PM GMT
    I told my older sister a couple of weeks ago. I had always
    had the dream the she and I could be the sisters that we should have been, do the shopping thing together etc.But that won't ever happen. She said she understands and that it explains a few things from our childhood, but she doesn't want to see me that way.
    I was kind of broken hearted, from what I had imagined.
    But I always thought my mother would have been OK
    with it too, but she passed away when I was 10 and that
    was most likely a fantasy too. Disappointment true, but what can you ask from people?
  • October 29, 2008 12:12 AM GMT
    Jackie,
    Perhaps someday your sister will come around. In the mean time, enjoy what relationship you do have with her.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

• 140 posts
    October 29, 2008 10:00 AM GMT
    Thank You ladies. I appreciate the comments. Needless
    to say, you are probably right. Jackie
  • October 29, 2008 6:56 PM GMT
    Jackie, your sister may not want to see you en-femme but it sounds as though she still wants to be your sister. When I told my sister that I was starting my real life experience and would forever be female my she was very happy. In her words I was the sister she always wanted. About a year later she stopped communicating with me. Just after I had my op my dad told me that my sister wanted no more to do with me. She didn't even acknowledge the invite to my wedding. So I've gained a husband but lost my sister.
    • 140 posts
    October 30, 2008 10:24 AM GMT
    Alina: I have the distinct feeling that I too have lost her.
    I hadn't talked to her in 10 years due to her husband and when he passed I thought our relationship could resume.
    I guess I don't understand how your sister could go from happy for you and glad to have a new sister, then have nothing to do with you!? People just make life tougher don't they? My sister said she understood, then nothing...
    just heartbreaking for me. I guess I had hoped someone in
    my family would be on my side. Guess I found what so many others before me have found out. I guess my only sisters are HERE! Thank you all for that Jackie
  • March 11, 2009 6:20 PM GMT
    Jackie I'm so sry to hear that about your sister, but I know how that is in my family If I told them that I wouldn't have a family at all
    • 2017 posts
    October 27, 2008 6:51 PM GMT
    Unfortunately, you can't make someone accept who you are and it can be pretty random. At least she understands, which is much more positive than being condemning.

Don't forget though, you have had a long time to come to terms with who you are, maybe given enough time your sister may come around too.

Nikki