Why is this site so slow?

• 5 posts
    November 15, 2008 2:46 AM GMT
    I come to this site and click on a page, it goes right to the page, then I can't do anything for at least 30 seconds. An Example. I clicked on this page at 8:291. At 8:29:38 it moved at little then stopped. At 8:29:46 it moved a little more, then stopped. Then at 8:31:30 it finally let me scroll down, so that Ican post this. This is the only site, I have this problem with. I do have high speed Cable connection, I can only imagine how bad it would be if I still had dial up. Oh while I'm at it. whenever I go to chat, it works fine for a while, but then all of a sudden my PC freezes up and I have to turn off my PC and restart it. This is really bothersome as well as making me look rude to the the others when I all of sudden don't reply to them, or disapear without saying goodbye. Please help. I love the site but my patience, wears thin real fast, so I don't come here very often, nor post as much as I would like,
    • 1912 posts
    November 15, 2008 3:09 AM GMT
    Not sure what to tell you lisa because I have been here while you supposedly had problems. I can't say I have had a single delay. I've chatted, read the tranny tribune, and replied to your other post. not a moment of delay. Have you cleared out your temporary files lately. how about updating java or the adobe flash player. Maybe check with your ISP.
    Hugs,

Marsha
    • 5 posts
    November 23, 2008 4:37 AM GMT
    OK I just updated my Adobee program, It did speed things up a little. Over the weekend I did a full clean up, ran all my spyware programs defragged my pc and ran scan disk. But it still doesn't run as fast as any other site I go to. Maybe I can update Java too. Could someone please provide a link to their update page?
    As for posting specs. I don't know where to find them,nor how to post them here, any help with that would be appreciated. Thanks, for the advice so far.
    • 5 posts
    November 24, 2008 2:10 AM GMT
    Thank you for the link, it seems to help a bit too.
    • 2 posts
    March 27, 2009 2:25 PM GMT
    I just joined, and I've got to say this site IS painfully slow. My machine is clean and fast, but this site takes ages to navigate...hit the back button and 15 seconds later the index shows up. Too many large images etc. I think.
    • 2017 posts
    November 16, 2008 10:05 AM GMT
    I haven't experienced any delays at all logging into any pages either Lisa so I would suggest it is your PC that might be the problem.

Nikki
  • November 16, 2008 12:24 PM GMT
    Hi Lisa, could you post your pc specks e.g memory as the main pages include quite a few banners and the chat room is running Adobe Flash which is quite memory hungry which could be your problem, the only other thing is have you got the latest version of adobe flash installed which is version 10.0.12.36 which is a free download available from their site.
    hope that helps
    Hugs Sammi
    http://www.adobe.com/prod[...]player/
    • 2573 posts
    November 23, 2008 10:46 AM GMT
    http://java.com/en/download/

SUN Java, far better than the M$ version.

Also check to see if you are being "protected" from Java or another application by settings in your browser or other software.