Ok girls lets get a party started!!!!!!!

• 23 posts
    November 19, 2008 11:29 PM GMT
    Hello everyone!!! It's been so quiet here in the S/O's forum that I thought it would be a great time to get aquainted with each other. After reading some of the responses to Lindsey's posting I noticed that basically we all seem to share a common bond other than being s/o's. We've all pretty much been through the same thing with our "girls" and it's a shame we don't communicate more often. I know we're here when we have a problem and that's great!! But you know, sharing some of the great and wonderful times in our lives is a great thing. A lot of times we just don't have anyone to share them with either. I know there's plenty of times I've found a great new outfit for Patsy and want to tell everyone I can think of about it but nope can't do it because of the obvious reasons...people just don't understand, or no one knows about our "alternative" lifestyle.
    Tell me what you think.
    I'd love to hear from the tg girls as well. Has your s/o done something wonderful for you? Do you have a special story that you'd like to tell? I guarantee we'd love to listen - it's good for the soul you know.

Anyway, talk away girls, lets get some chit-chat going here. We're women and I know we can talk!!!

Hope to hear from you all very soon!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!

• 15 posts
    November 21, 2008 8:25 PM GMT
    Hi All. It was my partner's birthday last month, the first since I found out about her other side; so of course s/he got two presents, a run-of-the-mill one and a girlie one too. As I've bought her lots of little things over the last 12 months, I'd just assumed s/he'd expect this anyway. I was quite bowled over by the emotional impact it obviously had on her. Apparently it had been a long-cherished fantasy that s/he'd get something glamorous for her birthday, and it was a really special moment when it happened. In turn of course this made me feel really good that at last we were getting things right. But it also made me feel sad thinking of this long-ignored woman who had never been given presents or bought flowers, etc. in the past ... I think Christmas just got a lot more expensive; but a lot more fun too!

Love, Lizzie
    • 23 posts
    November 22, 2008 1:03 AM GMT
    Wow Lizzie that must have been quite a moment for both of you!! It is great when you really and truly connect with someone to the point that there are no walls and no agendas. Just open souls who love and accept each other for who they are in all ways!!

I feel very lucky to have my s/o in my life. We've known each other for about 24 years now and have children together. I like going to the local thrift shops and finding some great deals. I try to go Saturday mornings early so I can get a chance at the really good deals and great clothes. Finding the cool surprises is always fun I love to see the look on her face when I get something really great!!!

Hugs!!!!

• 15 posts
    November 22, 2008 10:29 PM GMT
    Thrift shops - don't you just love 'em? So many handbags, so little time ....

Love, Lizzie
    • 23 posts
    November 23, 2008 2:42 AM GMT
    Hi Rae, Thank you and being that I have transgendered friends I do understand fairly well. I guess sometimes I make generalities with my own "situation". I'm going to have to watch that.
    It is very wonderful that you have people in your life that accept you for who you are completely and without issue. That I believe is key!!
    Again Rae, thank you for your kind words and I hope we can do so much more with this forum. I truly believe it has some great possibilities and I know there are some "partners" out there that would love to chat about everything from a new nightie they've picked up for thier loves to a new awesome shade of lipstick.

Let's keep it up!! I know we have some great ideas and what not to share and what a perfect place to do just that!!!!

Hugs!!!

• 23 posts
    November 23, 2008 2:45 AM GMT
    Love is much to "light" of a word...lol
    I picked up a great leopard print clutch today - fabulous darling...absolutely fabulous!!!
    S/he loved it!!!!

Hugs!!!

• 71 posts
    November 24, 2008 12:50 AM GMT
    Abi's birthday is the week before Christmas, so I decided that birthday presents are for her, Christmas presents are for him.

It would be so difficult to think of special gifts so close together.
    Problem is, I want to get girly gifts for Christmas too, but feel that if he opened them in front of his family (we usually spend Christmas with them), it may raise a few eyebrows!

Have also started to get her to come clothes shopping with me- always get an honest opinion on how I look in things & she can help choose our new shared wardrobe (we're both the same dress size )
    • 23 posts
    November 27, 2008 12:52 PM GMT
    Patsty and I usually save our girly gifts for "our" time. We spend time at the holidays with the in laws and with the kids and when everyone has gone home and all our visiting is done it's very nice to be able to sit down, relax and open our girly gifts when it's just us so we can oooo and ahhhh over them and get a good giggle.

Hugs

• 2017 posts
    November 20, 2008 7:30 PM GMT
    Well, I think the nicest thing my s/o did for me was to buy me a new dress for our anniversary a couple of years ago. Not only is it gorgeous and is still my favourite, but importantly it gave me a clear message that he had come to terms with who I am and was comfortable and secure about it. It meant so much to me then and still does every time I wear it. For that reason it has become my 'special occasion' dress.

Nikki
    • 734 posts
    November 22, 2008 2:12 AM GMT
    Hey PJ, thankyou for reinvigourating this forum!

Hunni, the 'significant other' is so very very important. I'm not sure you would ever really fully understand just how amazingly important you are to your partners existence. Your value is definately more than your weight in gold.

But I would like to suggest that a s/o is'nt necessarily a partner. My s/o, under standard definitions, would be some hunkey guy on a white charger. Luckily I'm a patient sort of person...

But I do have another s/o. And very significant at that. She's a girl I met some years ago, we got on instantly and now we see each other as sisters. Quite literally. Her Mom, bless her, has adopted me as a daughter. Its just all about love and understanding.

And I feel truly humbled to be accepted, as a sister and a daughter, whilst being clearly biologically not. Oh, and her kids see me very much as their Aunt. Definately a family thing.

But without that absolutely fantastic support network I'm sure I'd never be where I am. Completely confident, happy to be me. Rae Kelcou could not exist without them. Or, at least, she'd be years behind.

You people are certainly not 'others' but, by God, you are certainly 'significant'.

So much love to you.

Rae xx

• 2017 posts
    November 23, 2008 8:18 AM GMT
    Handbags!! Or purse's for you US girls. Don't even get me started, I have enough that I lost count about two years ago!

Bags and shoes, you can never have too many! lol

Oh, and thinking about Rae's post, let's not forget also that an s/o might be a son or daughter who is aware that a parent is transgendered. Although often used to mean partner, s/o is 'significant other' and can refer to anyone close to us.

Nikki
    • 2017 posts
    November 24, 2008 1:36 PM GMT
    Abi is very lucky Gillian, to be able to share shopping trips and clothes with you.

I do understand what you are saying about opening Christmas presents in front of the family but it could be quite nice to slip something in there that you would know about which can cause a little amusement between you. It happened to me several years ago and was lovely, (everything is femme now so it doesn't matter anymore). If someone notices, you can both laugh it off saying 'oops, I think that was meant for me!" It doesn't have to be something too big though.

Nikki