hello!

• 1195 posts
    December 8, 2008 3:23 PM GMT
    I'm trying to type a blog but the type isn't showing up. If I "back mouse" over where the type should be, it shows faint blue type. The subject types without any problem.
    What am I doing wrong - did I get up with an attitude this morning? Did my mother not like me? I know I kicked the family dog once - is his spirit getting even?
    Another thing - there's instructions about using buttons to change and enhance the blog - post pictures etc.
    Unfortunately, I don't have any buttons - I feel like I'm losing control here. Am I being subjected to discrimination because of my age? I feel abandoned and unloved by my computer. It's no big deal - I'll punish everyone by not blogging - Like I never heard that before. Am I posting in the wrong forum - this sounds more like a drama.
    Please send help - I don't mean mental counceling - my wife says I live in a fantasy world I thinks the "blond" in seeping into my brain. Is there anyone I haven't offended?
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    December 8, 2008 6:41 PM GMT
    I hate to be the bearer of such bad news Mary. No you are not being descriminated against, instead it is that nice new blond hairdo of yours. That is one of the dreaded side effects of trying to see if blonds really do have more fun. In this example you maybe failed to realise the text color button unknowingly selected white for your text. At the top of the Blog box between the title and typing area there should be the formatting tools and you should be able to select a more visible color.
    Good luck and hugs,
    Marsha
    • 171 posts
    December 9, 2008 9:29 AM GMT
    Mary, it could be an age thing - that's your computer or software..! I have the same problem (G4 Mac, OS 10.3.9, using Safari). I have to write the blog in Word then copy it into the Blog. It's a pain, but it makes you consider what you're writing. Rachel
    • 1195 posts
    January 23, 2009 3:55 PM GMT
    There's probably a conspiracy afoot.
    I can't get my blog screen to show me the usual header where I can change fonts etc.
    Have I offended the godess of computers?
    Techies please help - I have something important to say and I can't ...very disturbing.
    Hopefully, forever in debt (my usual state)
    Gracie