Friendly advice needed

• January 16, 2009 4:32 PM GMT
    Well well well, its been a very long time since I was on the scene (TW) and even longer that I have actually sat and written one of my stories. I hope that some of you (Katie) do remember me and liked the things I posted way back when. I know they are still in the archives and some in the current forums (way in the back).

I miss being here but so many things have happened in my life that Ginger just had to take a back seat for a while. I love this site and I love you all for your perseverance and fun attitudes. It's wonderful to be able to come in and out of the site and see that everyone is still so friendly.

So here is my dilemma. I am very interested in writing a book. I just want to make sure that I'm on the right kind of roll to make people want to read it before I put several thousand hours of my time into a disaster. Those of you that have read my stories can get a feel for some of what the book would be. The things I've written (only here on this site) are my true life experiences and there are many more. The book would pretty much be an autobiography. Secondly, if everyone does think its a good idea to pursue my writing then I would ask for any information that anyone has on publishing or a name or two of some people that can help get it started.

Thanks so much for helping. I will look forward to your comments (good or bad).

Ginger
    • 1083 posts
    January 18, 2009 6:23 PM GMT
    Ginger, honey--

If I can write, anyone can. (Now, if I can finish my latest...writing is easy. Finishing's another story.)

You go for it, and all the best!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 1195 posts
    January 19, 2009 3:11 PM GMT
    Ginger - nice to hear from you. I thought you'd left TW for good. About publishing, as Mere says go for it. But, now a days you might think of publishing electronically ie on the computer. Talk with those who have books on the list here.
    Good luck
    Gracie
    • 2463 posts
    January 16, 2009 5:28 PM GMT
    As one who is published, the only thing I can say is:

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll never know unless you try. Just have faith in yourself.

Mere