Perception of TSs.......

• 404 posts
    January 20, 2009 6:34 PM GMT
    Hi girls (and boys),

Try this link for size :

http://jbs.org/index.php/[...]ve/4323

(whether Marsha will go critical here as well?)

ciao

Lynn H.
    • 1912 posts
    January 20, 2009 8:16 PM GMT
    LOL, I found it Lynn, lol.

That guy is so extreme rightwing that conservatives don't even want to be associated with him. But the fact remains idots like that are still out there. But before I even read the article, where it was, is what grabbed my attention. The John Birch Society is the extreme rights version of the militant leftwing radicals. I, like the rest of the general population, don't support either.

Back to the John Birch Society. Many of you know I attend church and also a church small group which I came out to the entire group just over a week ago. One of the reasons I delayed telling everyone there is because one of the members there belongs to the John Birch Society. With due respect, he has been polite to me, and my wife and I even crossed paths with him at the store last night. But yes he concerns me bigtime.

I know many here politically consider me conservative. I am economically conservative believing in fiscal responsibility, but for the most part I am socially liberal. That puts me somewhere in the middle, maybe just right of the middle. So please don't classify me with extreme right wing kooks like this guy.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 33 posts
    January 21, 2009 4:00 AM GMT
    *sighs* and this society started in my home state *sigh*

Michelle
    • 1195 posts
    January 21, 2009 4:39 PM GMT
    Sorry Lynn
    I didn't read the link. After reading the reaction from girls I respect, I figured why raise my BP. If I want to raise my BP I'll go to the gym. There are too many "haters" in this world and I do my best to not give them the time of day.
    but
    hugs anyhow
    Gracie
    • 2017 posts
    January 20, 2009 7:43 PM GMT
    I'm not going to delve deeply into this because this is the kind of person who has their own opinion on the matter and nothing will disuade him otherwise. I wouldn't even entertain speaking to such an individual, it just isn't worth it. At the end of the day, he's a tabloid writer using sensationalism to get his writing into print. He is not an expert in the field nor is he medically qualified to judge on such matters.

To describe him in his own style; a prick is a prick, just because he has a good salary, a nice job, and house in the burbs, it doesn't make him any less of a prick. Nothing will change that.

Nikki
    • 2358 posts
    January 20, 2009 10:00 PM GMT
    Wonder if he is putting in for the Popes job??
    • 2573 posts
    January 21, 2009 10:26 AM GMT
    Actually, I'm not terribly upset with this person's point of view. It is wrong, solely because it is based on the idea that the body, not the brain, is the center of gender identity. The argument is largely rational; just based on a false premise. If he was to accept the "brain sometimes does not switch to male in some XY eggs" view, he might just change his argument's conclusion. That he is "wrong" is based in his ignorance of developmental biology, not lack of logic. Faith, in religion or scientific theory, can be mislead from the facts. There is a certain responsibility to question if the "truth" you base your stand on is really T or, in fact, F which (as any student of symbolic logic will tell you) leads to a false conclusion if all other premises are T.

As for The Pope, any man who wears frocks and silk slippers 24/7, has no place telling me I am wrong to wear a dress. Does he look in the mirror?