Anyone tried Magic Knickers?

• 5 posts
    September 19, 2008 2:03 AM BST
    Hi girls,

Has anyone tried any of the shapewear stuff yyou can get all over the place at the moment, like Magic Knickers. The lycra body suit garments that are supposed to shape you, and flatten bulges? I'm just wondering if they can relly nip in that waist. I know a lot of them are designed to flatten the lower tummy, especially in women who might have had babies, but some so offer shaping in other directions. There are loads on eBay and I'm not sure what to try
    I suspect most of them are nowhere near enough to give a good pear-shaped figure in an apple-shaped person
  • September 19, 2008 7:42 PM BST
    Lots of these items are available in the UK from various outlets. I know they are available from M&S because I've seen them there. Matalan sell them - I know, I've put ;lots of them on display. I'm sure lots of the other mainstream shops sell them. They are also available through the television shopping channels of QVC and Idealworld.

The one thing to remember is that these are designed to fit females not to make men into females.
    • 5 posts
    September 20, 2008 2:40 AM BST
    God, yes LOL

JML! You can buy them at Woolies! I'm wondering if anyone has tried them. If you studay them, they do target certain areas. Most T-girls (inclding me) would say that an horglas figure is the most important part of their profile
    • 129 posts
    June 10, 2010 7:57 PM BST
    Hi Debbie.
    I hate to be the one to break bad news but woolies is dead , it is no more , it has shuffled off this mortal coil! it has ceased to be, this is a dead shop .
    On shape wear it is for gender born females , unless you by it to small i doubt it will do anything , buying it to small will or even your size will just push any fat to a different area.
    Have fun just remember theres no refunds on underwear .Julia xxx
    • 871 posts
    June 10, 2010 11:31 PM BST
    I wonder if those knickers that are laced with silver to control bacteria so you can wear them for a whole month also help control the smell of wee? Now that would be magic knickers!
  • June 10, 2010 11:47 PM BST
    Penny.
    I remember an advert for knickers that had charcoal incorporated into the material which was supposed to absorb bodily odours thus saving the wearer from embarrassment. I think they were a Japanese (dammed clever) invention and sound quite plausible, but I wouldn't really fancy wearing the same pair of knickers for a month!