Tranny invasion....

• 404 posts
    February 11, 2009 7:36 PM GMT
    I think this is better here than in the UK forum.

The Daily Mail is a notoriously conservative UK 'news'paper. Once you've read the article,go on to the comments....they're GREAT!! You can rate them as well!

http://www.dailymail.co.u[...]es.html

Share and enjoy!

Lynn H.
    • 38 posts
    February 11, 2009 10:52 PM GMT
    Sensationalism sells newspapers.

The biggest problem with articles like this is that they perpetuate inaccurate stereotypes.

• 404 posts
    February 12, 2009 1:32 PM GMT
    The Daily Mail online must be staffed by spoilsports! The point of posting this link was that the comments on the article-and there were over 100 if I remember rightly-were 90% supportive of trannies and their use of the facilities in question, and generally told the Mail to grow up and get a life ,whilst only around 10% took the Mail's line that this was all really terrible,country going to the dogs,etc etc.

For late-comers the story was that a tranny group uses a room in the Memorial Hall (i.e.community centre) in Liphook ,Sussex, for it's meetings and that a retired army officer (WWII) veteran considered this to be,well quite frankly,JUST NOT ON!! The room in question was 'The Canadian Room', dedicated to the memory of canadian servicemen killed in WWII- a Canadian commented that this use of the room was perfectly OK and that canadians were obviously a much more tolerant species! To cap it all,The D.Mail couldn't even get it's photo-captions right.

I found this story on the Rose's Repartee website,and a comment there from one of the Rose's girls was that she was surprised the Mail hadn't removed all the comments supporting trannies, since it's notorious for censoring comments which contradict its attitudes.

B****rs!

Ciao

Lynn H.
    • 871 posts
    February 12, 2009 11:50 PM GMT
    i made quite a skathing post on their message board. I wish i had made a copy lol. doubt that was the reason why it got pulled tho.
    • 404 posts
    February 13, 2009 4:25 PM GMT
    Sorry Wendy,that's just a short synopsis of the article. The comments there are not the original UK comments.

Nice try,though.

Ciao,

Lynn H.
    • 2017 posts
    February 11, 2009 8:36 PM GMT
    It amazes me that stories like this are even 'news' anymore. Still, the Mail is thoroughly 'stiff upper lip' and conservative as you say Lynn.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    February 11, 2009 11:07 PM GMT
    Obviously a slow news day…
    If anyone thinks that such articles demonstrate society’s opinion towards us and hence that we have “a long way to go”, they should indeed read the comments. They should take note of the overwhelming support in the hundreds of posts from actual people in society (Daily Mail readers even!) and realise that some desperate journalists are just clutching at straws to find “news”. They and their editors probably realise that most people don’t give a hoot about a bunch of trannies meeting in some community hall.
    I don’t think they even achieved “sensationalism” with this!
    We should all leave messages deriding The Mail for being so out of touch with public opinion.
    xx
    • 2068 posts
    February 12, 2009 12:41 AM GMT
    Well thats the mail for you.......fkng jerks the lot of them!

Lol xxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2017 posts
    February 12, 2009 12:40 PM GMT
    Lucy - I tried doing that but they have removed the page. I wonder why? I think i might drop them a letter instead and point out that society (by law) is supposed to be tolerant of an individual's lifestyle and since no crimes have been committed here, just what are they trying to imply by the story? They really need to get in touch with reality. I wonder how many transgendered people work for them, the law of averages would suggest that there are a couple at least.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    February 12, 2009 2:16 PM GMT
    Perhaps they removed the article because they got so many complaints!
    I'd rather be a tranny than a Daily Mail journalist.
    xx
    • 2358 posts
    February 12, 2009 2:42 PM GMT
    Shot themselves in the foot springs to mind, what great publicity for the transexual community, having the story withdraw,.
    From what I remember of the article, nothing bad was actually said about dress, think chic and flambouyant was mentioned.
    Nobody actually said they witnessed seedy or inapropriate behavour. That was only muted by some biggoted locals of what was to be expected from the attendant group, It did'nt happen, so one upmanship for the community there, lol. The protest
    about discrimnination far outweighed the negative comments made by the few, Well done the Daily mail, lol. Take some pain killers, you will get over it I'm sure. Or should That be the Daily Nail.
    • 2573 posts
    February 13, 2009 10:38 AM GMT
    http://www.rightnation.us[...]=150944

Perhaps this contains some of the comments that were deleted. I got it from a cached link.