Decided on a name...

• 38 posts
    February 13, 2009 10:53 PM GMT
    Another big step in my journey today, I've decided on what will, 95% sure, be my new name.

Talia Calida Johnson.

I was using Calida-Jasmine, but that was more of a chat name that I'd adopted based on my initials and names I thought were cool. When coming up with a more permanent name it's one I'm going to be living with for a lifetime, so I had to be sure.

Talia fits me quite nicely in my opinion, and Calida is a good middle name. I'm still undecided on the surname if I'm going to be keeping that. Odds are I will.

I'm also relatively new to TW and would like to thank everyone for the support and welcome I've received. Having a place to chat and gain support has been wonderful and much appreciated.

My wife also wants to go to couples counselling, so there is a chance we may get back together, although still very slim at this point.

Have a great weekend,
    Talia
    • 35 posts
    February 14, 2009 12:28 AM GMT
    Glad to hear that you have made it that far! What are your goals? Im here for you Sis!

Avery
    • 1912 posts
    February 14, 2009 12:36 AM GMT
    I'm sure I speak for many others that we are glad to have you here Talia. Support goes both ways and I want to thank you again for being there for me recently. As for your wife willing to participate in couples counseling, that is very positive. My wife is my bestfriend and my favorite saying has always been I will never stop trying to keep us together. Best wishes always.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • February 16, 2009 5:08 PM GMT
    Hi Talia, Glad to hear you are getting things together! I am sure you have alreadu found out the great support that is availbale here!!

Stop by for a chat some time!

Hugs..
    • 10 posts
    February 18, 2009 4:53 PM GMT
    Congradulations Talia. That is a big step. Hope your new name agrees with you. Best of luck in your continued transition and hope to maybe write or chat together sometime. I also wish you and your wife the best and hope that the counseling helps. He willingness t go to counseling is a definite plus for you and her both. Hope you have a great day and a great week. Take care.

Ginger Motes