Digital Telly is Rubbish Rant! lol

• 871 posts
    January 27, 2010 8:23 PM GMT
    Digital Telly is a load of rubbish!

I remember analogue telly where you could just turn the set on and watch what you wanted.

Now, I turn the set on, at the wall of course because thats what everyone does to help save the planet, my digi box then spends 30 minutes doing updates so on and so forth before I can watch anything! By the time its finished i'm fed up and im back to reading my novel.

I dont pay for any prescription telly, because every channel except the BBC channels show advertisements for 20 minutes in every hour. Thats a third! They are receiving the funding from the advertisers AND everyones prescription fee, that is quite frankly extortionate! I think its a mugs game to pay to watch adverts.

Ok, thats me vented! lol

cya
    xxx

• January 28, 2010 3:57 AM GMT
    I remember when cable first came out. The reason a person paid for cable was so you didn't have to see any commercials. Your subscription paid for the programming. But that idea went out the window.
    If it wasn't for the regular channels sucking, I wouldn't have cable.
    • 72 posts
    January 29, 2010 4:48 PM GMT
    Today there are a lot of channels to watch but i find each and everyone boring.In every digital set top box there are hundreds of channels and no one can watch all of them.I like to listen to music and occasionally watch movies in my home theater in DTS and Dolby digital sound.
  • January 30, 2010 12:14 AM GMT
    GET SKY PLUS!!!! you can record everything and fly straight through the adverts!!!!!! and pause it whenever you like to nip to the loo!
    jenny x
  • January 30, 2010 3:04 PM GMT
    Hey you guys, you all use computers then gripe about TV shedules??????????????
    Haven't any of you heard about TV streaming??
    For the UK any way you can watch any BBC show over the last week, when you want to watch it, pause it for wee and tea breaks and it's completely free! why waste your hard earned dough supporting Murdocks empire.
    You're chosen prog. not on the BBC? then down load it from one of the hundreds of torrent web sites, and guess what, no adverts and they're free!! (although possibly a little dodgy on the legal side!!! but hey it's not music or movies, just already broadcast TV so who cares!)

As for HD TV, what a waste of money, Eastenders, Coronation street etc. will still be the same old crap in HD, save your money and buy a blu-ray player and a home cinema kit, now that's really good for watching your fav. movies in HD!

Huggles

Becca
  • January 31, 2010 10:14 PM GMT
    Sue James said

"Put the television in the loo!!! You could watch the programs while there, as there do seem to be more adverts than programs.
    Or just flush it for what it is!!! "

I suspect , (with a few exceptions), the quality of programming is appropriate for that location.

I think the world would be much better off if someone marketed a commercial suppression device!!!

MichelleLynn

• February 10, 2010 1:00 AM GMT
    I'm old enough to remember when there were only two channels available and there was no mind numbing daytime television.
    TV adverts are the bane of my life.
    Trying to watch a decent film which is constantly interrupted by maniacs trying to sell me something makes me want to scream!
    I listen to Radio 4 instead.
    • 2017 posts
    January 28, 2010 2:51 PM GMT
    I hate adverts but at least they give you time to pop to the loo!

Adverts in programs is bad enough, but what I really hate is adverts in films, I refuse to watch any channel that has adverts in it's movies, aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

It could be worse though, you could watch German TV, which has to be TV at it's worst, it's dreadful.

Nikki
    • 530 posts
    January 28, 2010 11:35 PM GMT
    Put the television in the loo!!!

You could watch the programs while there, as there do seem to be more adverts than programs.

Or just flush it for what it is!!!

• January 29, 2010 12:33 AM GMT
    same ole anti tv debate. The hdtv against the cable tvs, the 405 lines v the 625 colour...its just discrimination against tvs...again!
    • 2017 posts
    January 29, 2010 11:52 AM GMT
    LMAO!!! Brilliant!

Nikki
    • 530 posts
    January 29, 2010 4:02 PM GMT
    Echo Nikki.

LOL @ Maryanne.
    • 2573 posts
    February 6, 2010 9:54 AM GMT
    I no longer complain about all the time spent on commercials. When they come on I continue to play a game on the computer, returning to the TV when the sound drops down to comfortable levels...that is when the commercials end....turning their obnoxious advertising into an alarm clock and back to my show. I get a lot of gaming done that way, but it has to be turn-based games, lol.