Just joined

• March 2, 2009 1:39 PM GMT
    Hello,Girls I just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone I hope to make some new friends but I am not real good at conversation but I will try.My name is Jamie Lynn Edwards I live in richmond VA,and 43 years old.I have been dressing off and on from a young age but I have had the urge to dress fully for a long time now and I told my SO about a month ago and she has been real accepting and has been helping with alot but I have a long way to go to get my look right and hope to get some good advice from all the girls here
  • March 3, 2009 2:02 AM GMT
    Hi Jamie, Welcome TW. I sure will find lots of support form the girl here. I know i have, they are a great bunch of people

All the best,
    • 37 posts
    March 3, 2009 12:52 PM GMT
    Hi Jamie, pleased to meet you. Hugs and kisses, Melissa
    • 2017 posts
    March 2, 2009 6:40 PM GMT
    Hi again Jamie. It's great that your s/o is so supportive of you, that's worth so much. As for chatting, not everyone is comfotable in chatrooms but that doesn't stop you 'chatting' in the forums, which are full of useful tips and advice. You will still get to know us and of course we can get to know more of you as well.

Have fun.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    March 9, 2009 9:05 PM GMT
    Hi Jamie-

Welcome to TW, hon. I read your profile and I understand the position you're in. My wife has known for years and has been very understanding and supportive but even now she occasionally struggles with it. If there were some magic wand she could wave to make it all go away and leave me with amnesia about it all, I'm sure she would. Just give your spouse time and lots of space to take it all in, the main thing is to go at her pace, which perhaps, almost certainly, is not the pace at which you might like things to go. For most of us, once the cat is out of the bag, we want to make up for lost time as quickly as we can. At least that's how I felt and still feel.

You certainly have come to the right place for help and support and advice and just plain old friendship and a shoulder or ten to lean on and cry on if you need to. We all understand what you're going through. And yes, like any large family we do have our moments when things can be a bit contentious and the fur flies. But Katie, and all the moderators do their best to make this a safe and nonconfrontational place for us all. And, btw, your spouse is certainly more than welcome here. She can join in the chats, ask questions in the various forums, whatever she is comfortable with.

I hope you like it here, Jamie.

Hugs...Joni Marie