Seasons Cycles and Coincidences

• 171 posts
    March 17, 2009 2:58 PM GMT
    Mindlessly trawling the internet over a long lunch break, I returned to a questionnaire that I provided Dr Torwad at Gendercare and noticed that it was exactly a year ago.
    That coincidence and the recent arrival of Spring-like weather (in London at least) has made me consider whether my gender dysphoria is also influenced by the seasons?
    I wonder whether anybody else has heightened desires to either dress as or be a woman at certain times due to influences out of their control? I'm here daily - that doesn't change, but the need to express myself as a woman does fluctuate. Any thoughts? Rachel
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    March 17, 2009 4:22 PM GMT
    I agree with Nikki,the seasons don`t influence me at all.I dress female everyday 365 days a year.But I think that the warmer weather and the sun does make you feel more alive and gives you a string in your step.I always feel more positive when it`s warm and the sun is shining.I think it`s just a natural human reaction.
    • 171 posts
    March 17, 2009 5:37 PM GMT
    Since posting, I reflected a bit more.
    Perhaps it's as simple as an re-awakening, a feel-good factor related to sunnier days, a more positive vibe. Which is a nice thought, that positive thinking is feminine thinking..
    Rachel
    • 2017 posts
    March 17, 2009 3:38 PM GMT
    The seasons don't influence me in any way, summer or winter I need to dress as my correct gender anytime of year.

However, I have come across those who are the opposite to what you describe Rachel, in that they prefer the winter as the dark evenings offer more opportunities to go out discreetly.

Nikki
  • March 17, 2009 4:40 PM GMT
    Only desire this warm spell is giving me is the desire to go buy a few tiny tops and bottoms and a comfy bench to put outside my new apartment cos it is a super suntrap -out of the wind and getting the sun all day! LOL But actually on I think Next website they have the most delicious summer dresses and skirts...so when the bench and the warm sun are firmly established then yes I'll be fem-plus.