Now or Never

• March 18, 2009 10:13 PM GMT
    Hi Girls, I have been reading and reading most of what is on this site and others too. I am getting no younger either and have decided that this year is the year I come out to my wife and some friends. Not sure of what level of transition I will get to.
    My story is the same as most other older girls.

I joined the army (Captain Infantry) and did all the manly man stuff to hide the urges, purged too many times to count, plus all the $$$$, . My kids are grown and I hate the double life. My wife and I have started talking about it and I plan to go slowly but surely.

Surprisingly my wifes favorite movie is "The Crying Game" so there is some light at the end of the tunnel perhaps. We have only been married 4 years. I met her during a purge and never thought to tell her, I know big mistake!!!!!!I had my chance.

So I will keep you all informed as to how this goes. I do have some girls kind of local to me for support and one is going thru the same type of situation so perhaps strength in numbers......

Hugs Brenda
    • 1912 posts
    March 19, 2009 12:25 AM GMT
    Brenda, just want to wish you my best.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    March 19, 2009 11:05 AM GMT
    HI Brenda,
    I just wanted to say good luck with your transition.My only advise is to take things slowly ,and give your wife and others in your life,time to adjust.On a positive note Marsha and myself are both married and our wives have stayed with us and supported us through our transitions,so it`s not all doom and gloom!!! Good luck
    Hugs and kisses
    Michelle xx
  • March 19, 2009 8:48 PM GMT
    Thanks ladies, and Yes I am taking it slow........but foward as well.
    Hugs Brenda
    • 15 posts
    March 20, 2009 10:44 PM GMT
    Hi Brenda. This one comes from the wife's point of view. I'd a million times rather live with a happy tranny partner who shares their life fully with me and gives me the chance to know both sides than live with a depressed, shut-away 'man' who keeps secrets from me and lives a hugely important part of their life away from me. Been there. I'm so glad it's behind us and we are now able to get on with the rest of our lives together. I know that my OH and I have been lucky and that others have far sadder stories to tell. I just wanted to say that things CAN work out brilliantly with a bit of trust, love and openness. (And going clothes shopping together is the best fun we've ever had!) You're in my thoughts, both of you. Best of luck. Lizzie.
  • March 21, 2009 1:41 AM GMT
    Thanks Lizzie always much nicer to hear from the wives. I agreee and plan to be totally open and honest plus have my wife read all here if she wishes.
    Total I was much depressed, for no reason to be honest just need to finally get this off my back.....I have felt lately that I am back in the army with my ruck sack on my back...I need it off for good

Hugs and thank you, I will keep all informed

Brenda
  • March 30, 2009 4:07 AM BST
    Hi Brenda,

I know what you mean, I was an officer in the Naval Revserves and did all the macho stuff!

Still coming to terms with my fem side

Hope to chat wiht you some time!

• March 30, 2009 4:40 PM BST
    Yes would love to chat. I have heard of an Air Reserve Officer transitioning and the Military paid for it! Still trying to find out more
    However OHIP covers this now in Canada. I have a friend schedualed for her SRS on 25 May In Montreal.

Hugs Brenda

• 38 posts
    April 4, 2009 6:32 AM BST
    Hi Brenda,

In my case the separation with my wife was coming regardless, my coming out to her was just the catalyst. We've both figured out more who we are, or more importantly have stopped being who we aren't.

I think if you have a good relationship odds are good that you'll stay together.

Talia.
    • 2017 posts
    March 19, 2009 2:43 PM GMT
    That's good advice from Michelle Brenda. Good luck with this, I hope you are able to find a solution to keep everyone happy.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    March 22, 2009 4:33 PM GMT
    Hi Brenda-

Good for both you and your wife. I wish you both the very, very best. Like some of the other girls I'm lucky in that my wife is understanding and supportive and has stuck by me through it all. As I've mentioned in other posts it doesn't mean that there aren't issues with it. If she could slip a pill in my coffee that would make it all go away and give me amnesia about wanting to be a girl, she would probably do it. But being a wonderful, practical and intelligent woman, who for whatever unfathomable reason, also loves me, she accepts that part of who I am.

Good for you for shedding your rucksack. There is such a burden so many of carry around with us. There's a song by a singer named David Wilcox (the American one, not the Canadian one) that contains the phrase, "...melting these shackles with tears." I think that's how it is for many of us.

Best of luck, dear.

Hugs...Joni Marie