Transgender Ethics

• 871 posts
    April 1, 2009 8:30 PM BST
    An individual commented to me earlier this week saying that certain groups of the transgender comunity didnt feel welcome here. Personally, I have never been bigoted towards anyone and I am sure this is also the case with trannywebs policy. I understand that in any comunity there will be a minority of individuals who are bigoted, such as a very small minority of TSs towards TVs as an example. I feel the issue is more to do with the perception that a TV might feel that a TS see themselves as superior and treat TVs accordingly, however, for the majority this is not true and i strongly believe that this understanding by a TV is more to do with perception. The truth of the matter for me, as a TS, regarding this subject, i would believe that there are far more TVs unaccepting of TSs but I am also attempting to dissipate that perception as well. I think everyone should see everyone else as individuals regardless of any label they chose to go by.

Everyone is welcome to join this comunity. You only get out of it what you put in, and of course, those who behave disrespectfully towards others are encouraged to move on.

I supose what I am trying to say in a nut shell, is, everyone is very welcome to come here and to meet lots of nice people.

penny
    x

ps, this isnt a personal attack at anyone, this is just my observations and opinion. i dont want to start a flame war either. if you feel like contributing to this thread, maybe afirming everyones freedom and respect etc is a good start.
    • 2017 posts
    April 1, 2009 8:47 PM BST
    As odd as it might seem to some, I actually feel for a lot of the TA's here as if anyone gets second class treatment, it's them. I'm not referring to the predatory type either, they get what they deserve as far as I am concerned and soon move on. There are, however, others that have been here years and are a welcome addition to the community, some of whom have become good friends to many of the girls here, myself included.

Unfortunately, either due to prevailing attitudes or a bad experience, they can often get either flamed or ignored in the chatroom by the very people they have come to 'meet'. That said, I do think things have improved lately though, either because we are getting less predatory types in, or we are making more effort to accept them as we would another TG person. Personally, I will accept someone at face value until they prove otherwise, at least it gives them a chance to say 'hi' and get to know us.

Nikki

• 2573 posts
    April 2, 2009 3:46 AM BST
    I have been here at TW for almost 5 years. In all that time I have never felt any prejudice against me by any sub-group. I do know that there are groups like Tri-Ess and some transsexuals who wish to identify themselves as clearly separate from other sub-groups for reasons that are not necessarily prejudice, but for practical reasons. Someone might misinterpret this as prejudice. In some cases it may even be that, but certainly the vast minority in my opinion. What better place to come and lose that prejudice by learning to understand all our Sisters and Brothers.
    • 1980 posts
    April 3, 2009 9:33 PM BST
    <delete> never mind