Traveling and Restrooms

• April 23, 2009 1:10 AM BST
    Hi Girls, I've got a bit of a problem and I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me with this, I'm traveling to two states Pennsylvania and N. Carolina and I have not been to either in about 15 yrs and I live in Calif. and we don't have too many hassles as far as using The Lady's Room if you are presenting as Female. Well my question is what if any hassles will I face in these two states. All answers are gratefully accepted and I will thank you all in advance........Hugs, ~~Missi Lynn~~
    • 1195 posts
    April 23, 2009 8:10 PM BST
    Missi
    I'd say it is going to depend on where you are going in both NC and PA. If you are stopping in large cities I wouldn't forsee and problems. It's the small town with the small minded, you have to be concerned. CA is a world away from them both physically and mentally.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1980 posts
    April 26, 2009 2:58 PM BST
    Hi Missi-

I agree with Gracie, as in real estate, it's all about location, location, location. As she said, in a big city you should have no more problem than you would in any city anywhere. But if you're using the ladies room in East Podunk at some gas station in the middle of nowhere with the locals lounging around and leaning on the hitching post, then you may be taking a chance. What I have found is that using the restroom appropriate to my birth gender seems to cause more problems. For some reason, standing in front of the urinal with my skirt hiked up to my waist draws more attention than if I had used the girls' bathroom in the first place. Just kidding.<lol>

Good luck and have fun on your trip, let us know how things go.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2017 posts
    April 27, 2009 1:48 PM BST
    I think if you can pass well enough to not be hassled at a rest room local to you, then you shouldn't have any problems anywhere. Like Joni, I cannot use the loos of my birth gender because it causes too many problems, lol, the looks I used to get and the double takes where guys thought they had entered the wrong loo! lol. Nice problem to have though.

Let us know how it goes, it might be useful for other gals here to know.

Nikki