Thanks for making me feel at home!

• 18 posts
    May 11, 2009 10:37 AM BST
    Hi Girls...I've been a member of TW for a little less than a month and I just wanted to thank all you lovely ladies (you know who you are) for making me feel right at home. I use this site as an escape from my real life as a place where I can come and feel "girly". So far, I have never been dissapointed, except when I don't run into any of my new found girlfriends. I enjoy seeing all you girls in your different stages of "development" and I love to hear about all you are going through. I hope no one ever takes my sense of humor the wrong way because the last thing I want to do is offend anyone. OK? there are times when I'm surrounded by my English sisters, and I know we speak the same language, but i have trouble understanding them. That's fine, they are an absolute joy and i enjoy being in their company so much. So, I'm sending out a big hearted THANK YOU to the girls I've met so far and the ones I'll meet in the future....

I Love You All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Michelexxx
    • 1195 posts
    May 11, 2009 2:55 PM BST
    Michele
    Don't let Crissie "pull your leg" as the saying goes. She's really a love. It's a good thing we write our thoughts and not speak them. I'm certain our British sisters (and nieces) would have trouble with my Brooklyn accent and your New Jersey accent. I thought I left "Nue Yourk" a long time ago but it keeps coming back. He, he - gotta confuse the native here.
    Glad you're here.
    hugs
    Gracie

PS every time I get to go to the chat room I meet new friends.
    • 746 posts
    May 11, 2009 4:32 PM BST
    another reason we all "hate" crissie is because she speaks her own version of English that nobody understands....at least I think it is English....

Glad to have you onboard at TW Michelle...you know you are always welcome here...and while you're at it, here, have a snack...I generally provide lots of goodies for the girls to munch on in Chat!

http://i171.photobucket.c[...]132.jpg [activated by your friendly forum admin-WJL]

See you out there Michelle!

Traci
    • 18 posts
    May 12, 2009 10:03 AM BST
    Crissie...Huh??..I don't think I'll ever understand your brand of english, but i love to try to translate it..hahaha...keep those jokes coming, though, i can understand half of them at least...don't worry, your aunt won't hear how you talk from me..Glad to know ya, sweety!!

Love,

Michelexxx
    • 18 posts
    May 12, 2009 10:13 AM BST
    Hey Joni..thanks for the spotted dick warning,..i don't know what that is , but i can imagine...i'm glad to be here and to know girls such as yourself...see you around!!...Hugs, Michele
    • 18 posts
    May 12, 2009 10:22 AM BST
    Mary Grace...Fogeddaboudit!!!....i'm from brooklyn too' bay ridge to be exact and you're right, the accent neva leaves ya. People give me grief all the time over the way i talk..i tell 'em, "one of us here has an accent, and it's not me"..it's ok...it's all in fun and without fun, life would be difficult..can't wait to meetcha...Love, Michele
    • 18 posts
    May 12, 2009 10:31 AM BST
    Hey Traci, my redneck friend!!!...just foolin' ya..i can't tell you how much i enjoyed those funny pics you passed around last night..I was laughing my ass off...i'm glad we met and we are now friends..bless your heart! and be careful in the coal mine...Love, Michele
    • 18 posts
    May 12, 2009 9:57 PM BST
    Thanks, Crissie...You're a wealth of information!!...The only thing is, I don't know what an STD is, but I can imagine..haha...Heard any good jokes lately???....Michelexxx
    • 18 posts
    May 14, 2009 11:37 AM BST
    Hey, Joni..thanks for enlightening me about spotted dick..maybe someday i'll get to taste it and decide for myself if i like it!..Oh, and by the way, i love your picture...you seem like such an elegant lady..See you around...Michelexxx
    • 18 posts
    May 14, 2009 11:44 AM BST
    Hey Wendy...It sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to cooking and history..thanks for taking the time out to explain the evolution of "spotted dick"..i never knew such a thing existed until a few days ago...if i have any more questions, on any subject, i'll be sure to ask you..thanks again....michelexxx
    • 18 posts
    May 14, 2009 2:56 PM BST
    Hi Joni, i was just stating a fact...you look maahvelous, sweetheart...what's your secret?..glad i could make your day!...Michelexxx
    • 2358 posts
    May 11, 2009 11:54 AM BST
    What do you mean? you have trouble understanding us, Thought everyone knew what, frog and toad was, dicky dirt and loafa bread, not to mention barnet fair, plates of meat and dustbin lids, xxXxxx we love you to,
    • 2358 posts
    May 11, 2009 2:24 PM BST
    Also, trouble and strife, Brahms and listz, J. Arthur Rank, Kyber pass, Boat race, north and south, Horses hoof, pony and trap.
    Caine and able. elephants trunk and Harry Dash

Don't tell my aunt, she thinks its a waste of a good education, lol, incidentally she is a 4 x 2. lol
    • 1980 posts
    May 11, 2009 2:37 PM BST
    Don't let them offer you any spotted dick, Michelle.

Hi, girl, I see this is your first actual post, so welcome to the group!<big hug> You are so welcome here, as you may have noticed, it's a great place to make new friends and find help, support and resources. I hope you like it here.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2358 posts
    May 12, 2009 8:15 PM BST
    Spotted dick is a pudding, made with suet, flour, treacle and raisins in it, rolled wrapped in a cloth and steamed. eaten with custard. Its not an STD, lol. God knows why its called spotted dick.???
    • 1980 posts
    May 12, 2009 10:32 PM BST
    Hi, Michelle, thanks for the nice comments, you are such a sweetheart. Chrissy's a doll, I'm so jealous of her, and the term she was referrng to, STD, means Sexually Transmitted Disease, what you can get if you're intimate with someone and aren't careful.

(REMEMBER TO "COVER YOUR RIGGING"! This socially responsible message brought to you courtesy of ZZ Top.)

And though the name spotted dick sound kind of gross, it's not too bad. Actually I'm not exactly sure what treacle is but I don't think I would like to get it on my shoes.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    May 13, 2009 5:55 PM BST
    "Spotted Dick" , ""Spotted Dog" or "Dickie Burton" may be called "dick" after the German "dick" translated "thick" because the suet mixture is thickened. It is also theorized that "pudding" or "dough" was corrupted into "dick". Spotted is, of course, due to the raisins, currents etc which appear as spots on the pudding.. Like many recipes, it can vary by cook OR during time of war rationing. It can have cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar (instead of treacle), milk, eggs, salt and other fruits. It was a Royal Navy favorite in the 18th/19th centuries. One can imagine the exotic ingredients that were gathered on landfalls around the world.
    • 1980 posts
    May 14, 2009 1:48 PM BST
    Hi Michele-

Thank you so much for the sweet, sweet compliment. You are such a doll, thanks for making my day.

Hey Wendy! Didja see that? Michele called me a lady. Elegant, too, she said. Hah!<lol>

Hugs...Joni Marie