Do we have an understanding?

• 171 posts
    May 13, 2009 9:56 AM BST
    Last weekend's Observer included an interview with the founder of Feministing, a feminist blog (www.feministing.com). For some reason I'm currently intrigued by the nature of Blogs, their continuity and their place in society. (I shouldn't be so interested, it's doing nothing for my productivity, but that's another issue..)
    Scanning the article it made me wonder whether a trans woman (their terminology) can fully appreciate Feminist issues, or even be a Feminist? I wondered if anybody here has a view on that?
    Rx
  • May 13, 2009 11:45 AM BST
    Actually, yes, I consider myself a feminist in that I think we should have equal and opportunity etc and we need a better balance between the patriarchal and matriarchal societies...
  • May 13, 2009 12:36 PM BST
    Well I spose after leaving the ladette stage and getting a dose of sophistication and equalities concience, yes, i spose I am a feminist, but TS have a long way to go before they even come abreast of the gender born females in society regarding the work place and social infrastructure. Can you imagine me saying that 8 years ago Rose, lol.
  • May 13, 2009 11:04 PM BST
    Hi Cristine..
    of course I can imagine those words slipping through your tightly clenched lips 8 years ago...but you're very much the feminist now...nice sunbathing pix...do you take a bad picture at all?