I need help

• 1195 posts
    May 14, 2009 5:01 PM BST
    Ladies, I need your expert help. I know this may be far fetched but I'm in the middle of writing a fantasy story and have run into some technical difficulties.
    My main character is placed on female hormones at the age of 12/13. My question is would my character have a functional penis as a young adult? I'd have to do some rewrite otherwise. I know it's just a fantasy story but I'm a stickler for details. The story does get a bit unusual.
    thanks
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    May 14, 2009 9:56 PM BST
    Mary,
    It depends on the type of anti-androgen or dose of estradiol that is taken. Some anti-androgens like spiro block testosterone production which at least for many does affect the function of the penis. Other meds like casodex block the testosterone receptors and still allow production. From personal experience I know casodex still makes it possible for things to function, although on any hrt med, libido is severely diminished.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1195 posts
    May 15, 2009 3:05 PM BST
    Marsha Ann
    Thanks a bunch - I don't have to do a rewrite - just add a few details.
    I'll send the story to Katie before doing anything else with it.
    thanks again
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2573 posts
    May 15, 2009 5:36 PM BST
    Mary,

It also depends on the developmental stage of the individual at the time the hormonal treatments are started. Some people develop later or never depending on a number of genetic/hormonal factors. "Late Bloomers".