Introducing myself

• 4 posts
    May 19, 2009 11:28 AM BST
    Hi all I joined TW about 6 months ago but have been a spectator since then. I think it’s time I joined in and made new friends.

I first noticed I liked women’s clothes at a young age but just thought that it was part of my sexual attraction toward women. I didn’t think much more about this until I was in my mid teens when I first saw a program on TV about a M2F transsexual woman. I was instantly fascinated and started to think “if she can do it...”. However at that time I was going through other emotional upheavals and had very low self esteem (I refer to finding out I have a degenerative eye condition that now has left me severely partially sighted, registered blind to be exact). I decided that I didn’t have what it took to be a transsexual and chose to forget it and move on with just being a man.
    Over the years I experimented with women’s cloths a little but still came back to that way of thinking and stopped. However the feeling just didn’t go away, infect it grew stronger and more frequent. I longed to have long hair, full breasts, smooth skin and long legs. Meanwhile my life as a man was going no ware, I felt like I was waiting for something to happen and my real like to start.

I finally decided last year to try and explore my feelings more, to my surprise and delight I find I love being a woman. I dress a few times a week at the moment and find it harder to take the clothes off each time. I am waking up wishing to dress female but having to dress male. I have decided that this is the life I have been waiting for, so want to embrace it fully.

Unfortunately my confidence is low due in part (a large part) to my sight condition, “it is not easy being disabled”. I have no female friends to confide in and I have no idea where to start making TG friends in my area to help me get into the scene. I feel that I am adrift in a storm and there is no land around me.

Thanks for reading this post, I hope you weren’t to board.

Dena xxx.
    • 8 posts
    May 20, 2009 4:23 PM BST
    Welcome to TW Dena! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
    • 4 posts
    May 20, 2009 6:19 PM BST
    Thank you for the kind welcome girls, they are gratefully received and appreciated.

Hugs.
    Dena x.
    • 1980 posts
    May 19, 2009 1:36 PM BST
    Hi Dena-

<big big hug> Girl, you are so very welcome here. I'm glad you found us and glad that you decided to come out of the woodwork and introduce yourself. TW is one of the best, if not the best, places on the web for girls like us to find friends and companionship with others who know what we're going through. You'll also find lots of information and resources surrounding being TG.

Dena, your introduction realy touched me, I'm glad your here, I think it's where you've been looking for. There's a song by Colin Haye who was formerly lead for Men at Work called "Waiting for My Real Life to Begin" I hope you don't need to wait any longer.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    May 20, 2009 6:19 PM BST
    http://www.transgenderzon[...]AND.htm

You might start with this page for local TG venues and support groups. For T-Girls, GOOGLE is a girl's best friend.

Welcome to Trannyweb, Sister.