A troubled soul

• 871 posts
    May 20, 2009 3:54 AM BST
    Hiya,

Yesterday, I spent several hours in chat with a particular individual. Initially the individual came over a bit abusive and not quite with it so I took it upon myself to try and help them to see if they were in the initial stages of dealing with gender dsyphoria and finding it difficult as most of us can apreciate.

The same individual was in today and even after several hours trying to help them it came clear to me that this wasnt someone trying to deal with gender dsyphoria but instead, totally homophobic and totally anti transgender and just out to cause as much upset and disruption as posible.

Although I feel great satisfaction in the effort i made in trying to help this person I feel this individual requires professional help over and above what Trannyweb can provide. After all, Trannyweb is a supurb social network and needs to consentrate on individuals who have found the ability to live normally without causing upset to others.

It is my opinion that for the greater good of the comunity that this person be excluded for the protection of newer members who are still finding their feet and establishing their identity.

Lots of Love
    Penny
    • 746 posts
    May 20, 2009 5:01 AM BST
    I'll second that...

Traci xxxx
  • May 20, 2009 8:14 AM BST
    Thanks for your efforts Penny, and thanks for the heads up, but I can't take steps to exclude this person, if you don't tel me who it is
    • 2358 posts
    May 20, 2009 1:11 PM BST
    The person in question was extremely obnoxious and confrontational last night, and I think you were in at the end of it lilienne,
    and advised her to make complaints directly to you, not email Katie. Earlier in the day I had tried to coax her into chatting.
    several times she stated she was just watching. I would'nt go as far as say ing homophobic, but definately one disturbed individual.

cristine
    • 2127 posts
    May 21, 2009 11:41 AM BST
    Hi girls, I'm glad that no names have been mentioned in this thread. Let's keep it that way.

For what it's worth, I think Penny is right. I will have a word with the person concerned and ask her not to use the chat rooms or post in the forums. That will allow her to continue using the rest of TW without causing problems for other members.

Also, I'm not sure that our General Forum is the place to discuss this so I hope you won't mind if I suspend this thread now.

Hugs,

Katie x

• 2127 posts
    May 21, 2009 4:21 PM BST
    Following several exchanges of emails I have given her one more chance. She has agreed to play nice and not to get into any cat fights or arguments.

I have told her that this is the last chance saloon and if she causes any more trouble she will be barred from chat.

That's as fair as I can be.

I would appreciate it if you girls would also try to be nice to her. Let's all try to draw a line under this episode and try to get on together again.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x