Introduction

• 114 posts
    June 3, 2009 7:06 PM BST
    I hope I am posting in the correct place.

This is actually a reintroduction. I have had a very inactive (for many reasons) account for several years. However, lately, I've had the opportunity to re-engage with the woman in me.

My name is Jenette, and I am from the Pacific Northwest in the USA. However, I am working in Saudi Arabia for the moment.

I have known I was female since I was...well, I told my parents I wanted to be a girl when I was about five. That never happened. So, now I find myself at 49 with a desperate need to express myself.

Living in Saudi is tough for the transgendered. It's basically all inside your home. I have only some panties and no "girl stuff," though I do keep my body shaved. However, this lets me explore the psychological and emotional aspects of who I am much more thoroughly since I don't have any clothing or cosmetics or anything like that to depend on. I am not sure that makes much sense, but I have discovered I am a woman whether dressed or not.

I am married, with grown kids. My wife knows about me, tries to be accepting, but has a very difficult time with it. She is a wonderful, loving person. She wants what is best for me, even if it meant losing me to Jenette. She asks me often what I need to do; in fact, it came up in a phone conversation just the other day (she is still in the U.S.). A complicated world.

Anyway, I really need to touch base with other women like me. Thank you for being here.

-Jenette
    • 114 posts
    June 4, 2009 2:13 PM BST
    Joni Mari,

Thank you for the gracious welcome! I am looking forward to finding my place here and offering my own support to others, whatever their situation may be.
    • 114 posts
    June 4, 2009 2:27 PM BST
    Wendy Jeanette,

>Despite Joni's graciousness, I have moved your post to the New Members Forum. This is solely because posts tend to drop off the >radar fairly quickly and someone checking for new members will be more likely to read your post there in a week.

I understand completely. I actually looked for the Welcome Forum, but I guess I did not scroll down the page far enough. Thank you for moving my message to the appropriate spot.

>Having nearly gone to work in Saudi Arabia, I don't need to imagine what it's like for you there. I read a lot of books in preparation. >MG it's hot. SoCal is just training for SA heat.

It is hot. I cannot disagree with that. On the hole, it's not been too bad. The worst part for me, even worst than not being able to acquire, or bring in, girl stuff in an easy manner, is the separation from my wife. We really do love each other. But, she is providing elder care, and I am doing this so she can do so.

>I chose the mind before body approach to finding out who Wendy was, myself. It worked well for me. I'm comfortable with myself >now and strong enough to deal with Out There. It also has kept me sane in a personal situation that limited my physical side. >Whatever works for you is the right way.

I have been fairly lucky in that my wife has given me a lot of latitude despite her inability to be fully supportive. A lot of circumstances have limited my abilities to follow through on what I had planned all through my 20s. I am going to post in the Coming Out thread, and I'll expand a bit more on this.

>There is a place here for your wife. We support Significant Others (SO).

I've suggested some support groups for her, but she has declined. She is a wonderfully understanding and empathetic person for others. But, when it's her own situation, she has a much harder time. As I said above, I'll post in the Coming Out thread.

>BTW, how do you manage to connect to TW in SA? I would have thought the URL blocked by govt.

LOL! Yeah. Well, they do block it. They block a lot of sites (though not as many as you might expect), particularly of an adult nature. However, everyone over here, both Saudi and other, who has Internet access uses proxies to circumvent the blockage by tunneling through the blocks. There are a lot of free ones, but they are suspect security wise. I subscribe to one out of Florida called GoTrusted.com. They have been very reliable and safe for me so far.

• 114 posts
    June 4, 2009 2:36 PM BST
    Nikki,

Thank you for a wonderful welcome. I look forward to becoming friends with you all!
    • 114 posts
    June 13, 2009 7:41 PM BST
    Wendy Jeanette,

Thank you for the link.

I write a blog about my time here, and one of the things I write about every once in a while is the growing tussle between conservatives and reformers. This is a very complicated situation. But, somehow doubt they'll ever be trans-friendly. :-|
    • 1980 posts
    June 3, 2009 11:05 PM BST
    Hi Jenette-

Of course you're posting in the right place, hon, you're here at TW, it's the place for girls like us. You are so welcome here. Girl, you can talk about anything you would like to, from being a CD in a foreign country like Saudi (omg, I can only imagine) to how difficult it can be for our spouses to just making friends and talking about shoes or whatever. You can be serious and from the heart or all froth and foam, whatever you feel like, no one will judge you or make you feel out of place. I'm glad you're back with us.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2573 posts
    June 4, 2009 10:03 AM BST
    Welcome, Jenette,

Despite Joni's graciousness, I have moved your post to the New Members Forum. This is solely because posts tend to drop off the radar fairly quickly and someone checking for new members will be more likely to read your post there in a week.

Having nearly gone to work in Saudi Arabia, I don't need to imagine what it's like for you there. I read a lot of books in preparation. OMG it's hot. SoCal is just training for SA heat.

I chose the mind before body approach to finding out who Wendy was, myself. It worked well for me. I'm comfortable with myself now and strong enough to deal with Out There. It also has kept me sane in a personal situation that limited my physical side. Whatever works for you is the right way.

There is a place here for your wife. We support Significant Others (SO). Your wife is welcome to join and use the SO Forum or chat with girls in the chatroom to learn more about us. She will meet a wide range of individuals there, so should be aware that they may not individually reflect your particular status. Many of our members, however, are able to share information on this wide variation in TG people. The Tri-Ess may be of great help with some questions. http://www.tri-ess.org/, however their focus is on heterosexual CD's and less helpful for those with stronger gender identity issues. There is a scheduled support chat group for SO's at http://www.lauras-playgro[...]ves.htm which I have no feedback on. I do, however, trust that site enough to send children there.

BTW, how do you manage to connect to TW in SA? I would have thought the URL blocked by govt.

• 2017 posts
    June 4, 2009 1:05 PM BST
    Welcome Jeanette, TW is the place to express yourself and be honest with yourself too. No one here will judge you, instead you will find that you will simply be accepted for who you are.

Welcome aboard!

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    June 5, 2009 3:51 PM BST
    I wasn't thinking, Jenette, I use a proxy in Firefox, myself. I just use it to deter information gathering by monitoring software.

Was an informative article on Saudi social "reform" by the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/h[...]760.stm

While it only touched indirectly on transvestites, it paints a clear and gloomy picture of the current situation you are dealing with and the power struggle over reform.