Introvert or extrovert

• 1912 posts
    June 6, 2009 12:42 PM BST
    A new gal mentioned in her blog how she was able to let go her lawn guy because he wasn't doing what she expected. On the surface this doesn't sound like a big deal but she also stated in her past life as a guy she would have been basically afraid to say anything to the guy for fear of being yelled at or whatever.

So this got me thinking about my own transition and how I to was an introvert, afraid of negative reactions, basically a shy individual. Now living full time as a woman, I am well aware of how much easier I now find it to talk to people about anything. I'm wondering if this is common amongst those who transition. Could it be that when we overcome that fear of rejection, it allows us the confidence to handle most situations? Once again I believe a successful transition is all about confidence and being able to just be yourself. It allows you to "belong" and participate rather than stay sitting on the sidelines looking in worrying about what others think of you.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • June 6, 2009 5:04 PM BST
    Personally I am more assertive now than I was pre-transition, though this has not occurred naturally, I have found it very traumatic. I was am still am introverted. My adopted assertiveness was borne of necessity rather than a natural evolution. My partner Carrieanne, however, feels very different and agrees that she has experienced her emergence through transition. The new found confidence girls find in their interactions with others might, in part be, due to letting their guard down and no longer assuming that they might need to back themselves up with a typically aggressive male response which I would agree is liberating.
    • 2573 posts
    June 6, 2009 1:11 PM BST
    I grew up an introvert and forced myself to become a pseudo-extrovert to function in a male role. I have become more extroverted around my femme side, however, but then I always found it easier to deal with women than men. I'd have to say it's still a war in my head, but it's mostly dealing with males when I don't HAVE to but might.