Cher's daughter announces she is FTM

• 1912 posts
    June 12, 2009 1:13 AM BST
    Cher's daughter Chastity announced today she will undergo sex reassignment. How cool is that, lol.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/[...]265918/
    • 871 posts
    June 12, 2009 5:56 PM BST
    All the best to Chaz! doesnt matter what you are or who you are or what anyone else thinks, as long as you are happy!
    • 8 posts
    June 18, 2009 5:09 AM BST
    I honestly believe that Chaz's decision is amazing. I also agree that none of us know how long he has been thinking about, dealing with, and coping with this and I believe we should all stand behind him 100%.

I don't agree though with CA "Women have boobs" policy. I feel I am woman enough and I have no boobs......yet.

Now if we could only get Chaz to join our site......

I think Mere and Katie should work on that LOL

• June 12, 2009 11:00 AM BST
    I think this is a case of a lesbian going too far. 20 years as a lesbian then decides to be transsexual just doesn't ring true to me...most transsexuals know from infancy.
    But it will be interesting to follow her story
    • 1980 posts
    June 12, 2009 2:07 PM BST
    Realizing it and finally deciding to do something are two different things.

-JMC
    • 2463 posts
    June 12, 2009 2:33 PM BST
    I agree with Joni. We don't know why she held off for so long. Many of us here on this site alone did not make the move to transition until later in life, and for a variety of reasons.

I think we need to not question Chas' moves but support them.
    • 2358 posts
    June 12, 2009 9:00 PM BST
    To Penny, for compassion, understanding and not questioning the motives, Hugs, perhaps she finally overcame pressures and got the courage, many here should know that feeling.
    • 2573 posts
    June 13, 2009 4:08 PM BST
    Chaz Bono Can Soon Tie Knot

http://www.tmz.com/2009/0[...]e-knot/

"Judges typically do not require a genitalia switch as a prerequisite to a sex change...what Chaz could never do now -- marry his partner -- he can do when the law acknowledges he is indeed a he."

Is it just me? This whole CA marriage concept seems a bit insane. A woman can't marry a woman in CA until one of them chops off her breasts and gets a judge to say she's a guy. I don't know if the God of the Christian Right is confused, but I sure am. So according to them, it's boobs that makes a woman a woman, not her mind. Make that a double, bartender!