new to the site looking for friends

• 1 posts
    June 21, 2009 5:36 AM BST
    hey i'm new here and fairly new to the crossdressing scene. i've been doing this behind the scenes since i was a young boy and am just now able to get more things and better things to make myself look like a woman. my wife is somewhat supportive of it. she's still a little uncomfortable with it but is getting better. give me any advice you have. all will be appreciated
    • 1980 posts
    June 21, 2009 3:41 PM BST
    Hi Ritchie-

Welcome to Tw, girl. You are so welcome here. As I have said so many times before to other new girls, this is probably the very best place on the web for girls like us to find help, support, resources and especially friends and advice. Please feel free to join in on the chats and ask questions on the forums, everyone here understands what things are like.

Ritchie, as far as your wife, I do have a little personal advice and I'm sure some of the other girls will, too. My own wife, fortunately for me, is supportive and understanding. This doesn't mean, of course, that she just loves it and that she wouldn't make it all go away if she could. There's a difference. The only thing I can say is to take it slowly and to always, always, always take her feelings into account, as I'm sure you do. You've had years and years to deal with the other woman in your life, your wife has just met her and probably isn't too happy about it all in all. Give her time and don't push and always be ready to talk with her about it, even if it makes you uncomfortable. I truly wish you the best of luck, both of you. To be honest, many couples have come through with their relationship better for it and some have come completely apart.

Okay, enough of that. Once again, you are so welcome here. If you need anything or have any questions, whether it's for the group at large or one of the mods, please just ask.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2017 posts
    June 22, 2009 1:58 PM BST
    Hi and welcome to the site. You will certainly find friends here and plenty of people who understand exactly where you are coming from.

As for your wife, like Joni has said, you have had years to come to terms with who you are so please don't rush your wife into accepting everything overnight. At least you say she is supportive so that is a good start. As for the rest, you have to take baby steps and move at your wife's pace if you don't want to risk losing her. Give her the space to deal with her own feelings and to see how much you value her, and reassure her that nothing in your relationship (as far as your feelings for her go), has changed. Also, be prepared for lots of questions, and always be honest in your answers.

I hope it works out for you both.

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    June 22, 2009 7:55 PM BST
    Welcome, Ritchie,

What Joni and Nikki said. Slow and sensitive and make sure she understands that T-girls are each different and to not accept stereotypes and especially not Jerry Springer's show. It's a show, not reality.