Hey ladies... another lady here.

• July 8, 2009 12:49 PM BST
    Hi everybody! I guess I'll share a bit of my little adventure so as to help build a picture of the person that is me today.

Well I'm sure the details of the story are interchangeable with quite a few stories here, but I've finally come around to listening to myself. I was dressing 'opposite' when I was really young and didn't remember until I saw some old photos recently. I had a bout of serious depression when I was nine or ten and had to see a psychiatrist, but neither me nor her were able to pinpoint the exact cause... even though she did help quite a bit. Thanks to the internet I made a bunch of female personas which was exciting and liberating. Then in high school, I began searching and learning a lot about TG issues, dressed when my parents were at work and planned to transition in college. My first semester I had saved up the money and actually bought hormones but became too worried and self conscious to continue.

Eventually college life drowned out these thoughts until my only "bad" LSD trip when I got smacked in the face with myself. After some serious mental warfare (over a few weeks) I convinced myself that I was a female personality but my body didn't have to match... and this worked wonderfully for awhile. Finally I graduated college, got a job and a random re-encounter with a girl from my past ended with us becoming best friends... we read each other's minds dozens of times per day and the strangeness that surrounds us has actually become normal at this point. Eventually, she read that part of my mind and after talking with her about it, all those thoughts and feelings have come rushing back.

One thing that we always say is EH4AR - everything happens for a reason. It really does, even if you can't always get a wide enough perspective to see how it fits in with the rest of the story. I am a much more confident person than my younger self and finally have the allies, abilities and ambition to successfully transition. I'm glad to have found a place where we can share and support each other along this new (but familiar) road we all pave for ourselves!

Irielle
  • July 9, 2009 12:07 AM BST
    Thanks for the warm welcome all, will definitely stop by the chat sometime when I find some time (where did it go?!). Currently rather fund-less, but will be going out with my girlfriend soon and she's gonna lend me some goodies to start my training... been practicing my voice and mannerisms too so I'm psyched to try it all on for size.

Heehee, I think it's funny that all three of you picked up 'Inelle" which is a nice name, but I like "Ir-i-elle" better! ;D
  • July 9, 2009 4:14 AM BST
    Yeah it's taken me awhile too but like I said I don't think I could have handled it as well as I can now so I'm thankful for that... it seems like when the feelings come back they're stronger than the last time but now so am I. Now just waiting for my new insurance policy to kick in before hitting up the therapist circuit, although I've done a lot of my own therapy I'm really excited and hopeful about what a professional can bring to the table and for the road ahead.

No worries about the name Joni (& co), it's totally understandable and gave me a giggle, so thanks for that. =)
    • 1980 posts
    July 8, 2009 1:51 PM BST
    Hi Inelle-

Welcome to TW, hon. It sounds like you've been through a lot and have thought things through about yourself and being TG. You are most definitely in the right place to find helo, resources, friendship and support. As you mentioned your story, while unique to you, of course, is not an unfamiliar one here. Many, many girls here have gone through what you're going through. All of us here, whether TS or not can relate to what you have written. Please feel free to join in on the various forums and chats, if you have any questions, please contact me or any of the other mods, we'll be glad to help.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2017 posts
    July 8, 2009 3:21 PM BST
    Hiya Inelle, and welcome to our site. You would think each girl's story is unique wouldn't you, but it's amazing how many others can say, 'that could have been written about me.' I'm glad you took the time to introduce yourself here, and we look forward to seeing you online. Make sure you have a look in the chat room too, which is always a nice place for a giggle or a bit of a gossip!

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    July 9, 2009 12:27 AM BST
    Hi Irielle, nice to meet you. A well written description.
    “Smacked in the face with myself, I like that.
    My story isn’t entirely the same, but I knew I had to transition, took me a while to get round to it, but it was the best thing I ever did! Finding this place really helped.
    Sounds like you’re doing exactly the right thing, best of luck with it all.
    Love, Lucy
    xx
    • 1980 posts
    July 9, 2009 12:59 AM BST
    Hi Irielle-

So sorry about getting your name wrong, hon. My apologies. It does sound like you have a wonderful girlfriend, good for you.

Hugs...Joni Mari