Hello

• July 10, 2009 12:01 AM BST
    Hi, my given name is Mike, but I also like the name Stephanie. I've responded to a few posts and now I think I'm brave enough to introduce myself. So here's my story.

I was born with aspergers syndrome (a high functioning form of autism) so things seemed stacked against me from the beginning. Skipping ahead, a first started dressing up at the end of eighth grade when I started wearing my mom's underwear to bed (the only women's underwear I had access to that fit) I continued doing this on and off until a couple years ago until I found someone to talk to about these feelings. I then gained the confidence to by my own clothes and even some breast forms. A year ago I came out to my family. They are less then thrilled with this, but at least I'm now seeing someone who specializes in gender identity as well as having some background with aspergers syndrome. Because I still live with my parents all my trans activities take place in private and my girl clothes are hidden.

My ideal body would be that of a convincing MTF Pre-op with pink hair and a punk/goth style. My favorite color is pink and I'm attracted to GGs and MTF transexuals.

I've come to Trannyweb looking to make friends with other people like myself.

Thank's for putting up with me
  • July 10, 2009 1:16 AM BST
    Hi Stephanie!

Congrats on the courage to come out to your family, glad you were able to find a therapist to suit you! Those pink haired punky goth chicks definitely have something going for them so go for it.

Looking forward to paving some paths together,
    Irielle

PS: Awesome avatar - DON'T PANIC! =)
    • 37 posts
    July 15, 2009 2:06 PM BST
    Hi Stephanie! I love the goth-punk look
  • November 14, 2009 7:05 PM GMT
    Hi Stephanie,
    My reply to your intro is late in coming, and it's actually a bit bizarre that I have not introduced myself to you yet so I'm correcting that now.
    I'm also a Mike and also a bit of a goth/punk girl. I was a bit of the wannabe anarchist punk in my misspent youth and in recent years I came to the realization that I'm goth as well.
    Not much else to say unless you want to discuss literature, b movies, music, crafts, or whatever.
    Here's a url to an eye makeup site if you're interested:

http://forthedead.net/flowers/tasha/eyes/

Also, is it just me or have you ever felt "old school" for describing yourself as goth as opposed to emo?
    • 308 posts
    November 14, 2009 7:26 PM GMT
    Well welcome to both of you.
    You both are definitely in the right place, these ladies in here are a treasure load of information and help. That can help you find your path.
    As far as punk, I have a very good friend that sings punk, called Choking Susan, quite a performer, I just went to see her sing. You can see her link in my link to Myspace. She does get over to the UK and Europe at time, at least she used to. The other nite there was some punk rocker singers there from Sweden. So punk is still alive and well. Go for it girls, People are just being who they are, fantastic!
    Huggs....Tammy
    • 2017 posts
    July 10, 2009 2:25 PM BST
    Hi Stephanie, nice to see you posting a little something about yourself here. Things may be less than ideal for you right now but it sounds to me that you have taken the right steps for your future. Best of luck, I hope it turns out well for you. In the meantime, chill out here with us, you're bound to make new friends, as I'm sure you have done so already.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    July 10, 2009 5:59 PM BST
    Hi Stephanie-

Welcome to TW, girl. I think you'll find it a great place to makes friends and find resources and help with all sorts of things. Thank you for sharing some of your story, I hope you enjoy it here.

Hugs...Joni Mari