Hello

• 29 posts
    July 10, 2009 2:56 PM BST
    My name is Katherine (given is Ken). I live in NC, but am presently working overseas. I'm 50ish and am once again on my journey to be a more complete woman. I've seen a therapist several years ago, took my wife to the last session, but never went on from there. Still feeling guilty about doing this to her. I know others have been, or are, going through this as well.
    I've spent much of my life doing the "manly" things to force myself to be what I am physically (and still doing so). It never works-can't change what's on the inside. I'm so frustrated and beside myself and know I have to move on. Anyway, here I am checking out the site, looking for more information, and hopefully meet a few local girls to talk and share with. This looks like a great site that I can really enjoy. Somewhere along this journey I'll find what it takes to break free and finally be the women I truly am...
    • 1912 posts
    July 10, 2009 5:30 PM BST
    Hi and welcome to TW. I'm not too far away from you down in Savannah, GA. Finding a way to deal with this when you have a family is probably the biggest struggle we face in our lives. It sounds like your wife is aware of your condition and whether she accepts it at this time or not is actually a positive thing. She knows and that is one enormous hurdle you have crossed. I know you are 55 and maybe feel like life is passing you by but change takes time. I love my wife dearly and it was difficult in the beginning for her but now our relationship is better than it had been in decades. It can be done. I wish you the best on your journey and hope to chat with you soon here at TW.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

• 29 posts
    July 22, 2009 2:33 PM BST
    Hi All,
    Thank you all for the welcome. Coming out to my wife and going through the required therapy sessions happened about the same time back in '95 or '96. Took her to the last session as my therapist required. My transition stopped after that. Too much guilt. Anyway, I'm back on my journey again, have a new therapist to see when I return home (my last one is retired now) and will start hormones shortly. Still a long way to go. I see that this site has quite a bit of information to offer and I hope I will be able to contribute in some way. Again, thank you.
    • 181 posts
    August 17, 2009 9:20 PM BST
    Katherene, I know we spoke on the other forum but I just wanted you to know that Fayetteville is not too far from where I'm at in Virginia . Feel free to call out for help and or advice iffin ya need it ! Of course--- WELCOME to TRANNY WEB ! Ellen S
    • 2017 posts
    July 10, 2009 4:58 PM BST
    Hi Katherine, and welcome to the site. I'm glad you like what you have seen so far, it really is a good source of infomation as well as friendships, and no doubt you will be making lots of friends here soon. Hope to see you around the forums in the future. If you haven't done so already, make sure you pop into chat as well, you'll find we're a friendly bunch here.

Enjoy!

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    July 10, 2009 6:05 PM BST
    Hi Katherine-

Welcome to TW. As Marsha Ann said, you have taken at least one giant step in that your wife is aware of you being TG, good for you. There are many of us here who have dealt or are dealing with the same issues in our lives, I know you'll find lots of resources and support as well as make friends here. FWIW, I was about your age when I decided I wasn't going to keep on pretending to be someone else anymore. I won't bore you with details but I am happier over all for it. Good luck to you on your journey, I hope you liket it here.

Hugs...Joni Mari