Hi Everyone!!!

• 6 posts
    July 20, 2009 4:38 PM BST
    Hello, my name is Nicole and I live in Enfield, Connecticut just south of Springfield, Massachusetts, USA. My ex boyfriend, who recently joined Tranny Web , suggested that I join.
    I've been living full time as a Transwoman since November 2007. I am an "out" Transperson who believes in living her life openly. This brings me sooo much peace and it helps to educate the masses about who a Transgender truly is. I also am a bit of a Transactivist as I've lobbied twice for Trans rights in Washington, DC and in Hartford, Connecticut. I believe in working within the system and in the meantime, living openly so that the masses can see a Transgender person in real life rather then getting their info from talk shows and movies.

I raised 3 grown children, write a Trans column in the local LGBT monthly, play guitar, sing, love to dance and I date men.

The best advice that I've learned is to accept who you are, wherever you are on the Transgender scale, learn to love yourself and go out and live!!! It is what it is and you are who you are! Take it and run with it!!!

Also, never be ashamed of who you were, who you are now and who you will be!!!
  • July 20, 2009 9:28 PM BST
    Hi Nicoleyou're VERY welcome here! there's something for everyone...look forward to trading titbits with you from this side of the pond

Sandra x
    • 1912 posts
    July 20, 2009 10:03 PM BST
    Welcome to TW Nicole. I think that is really great about how you live your life. I went full time during the fall of 2008 and live my life pretty much out as you. I am more than happy to talk to anyone about my circumstances when it comes up. I feel as you do that it is important for society to see "real" transsexuals versus the Jerry Springer idiots that continue to feed the perverted stereotypes. I look forward to crossing paths with you here in the forums and hopefully in the chat room sometime soon.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 31 posts
    August 10, 2009 11:17 PM BST
    Hey there, Hon! I'm glad you took me up on my suggestion to check out this site. Look forward to seeing you again soon! ::hug::
    • 2017 posts
    July 21, 2009 12:32 PM BST
    Hi Nicole, welcome to TW! It sounds like you have a great outlook on life, which is the way to go. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the forums regularly. Make sure you also pop into the chatroom as well to say 'hi'.

Nikki