I just must have this...!

• 83 posts
    July 20, 2009 8:46 PM BST
    Hi all

Have you ever got a bee in your bonnet about something and simply must have it? I have recently put away most of my girly wardrobe as my children are getting a bit too old and nosey for it to be left where it can be found and thus I have not dressed for a few months. It has been ok mostly and my SO says she will try and give me some time to express myself whilst she takes the children out sometime soon.

However, my thoughts have turned to an item of clothing that I first wore many many years ago and which I have not seen or thought much of for a very long time. When I was young my Sister used to dress me up and one of the things she put me in was a baby doll nightie with matching knickers. Now I loved them at the time as you can imagine and though I have seen the ones that are around nowadays they always seem so skimpy and thin. However, the other day out of interest I did a search and found out that the one she dressed me in was probably from the 1960's and is now termed a vintage baby doll - it has multi-layers of chiffon with a plain silky shift (?) underneath. I have no idea of where the one I dressed in originally came from but gosh seeing the same one on line was a real delight

The trouble is I really really must have one! I just can't stop thinking of actually feeling one like it again. Have you ever had such a powerful desire of one particular item of clothing?

Love

Susan.
    • 83 posts
    July 21, 2009 8:03 PM BST
    Thanks Wendy

Some of those vintage "baby Dolls" look quite frightening! A bit like chucky

I have found some the the baby Doll Nighties on line now so thanks for that - All I have to do now is justify spending the money - not to myself of course but to my SO

I once "had to, had to, had to" have a beautiful pair of pink suede like court shoes..I wished for them, sent off for them, waiting excitedly for them and then they were delivered. I looked at them, touched them but hardly ever wore them as I had nothing to go with them! I think they may still be in the loft in the box they came in..only brought out to be with all my other heels and shoes so I could gaze at them.

Susan
  • September 28, 2009 6:01 AM BST
    Wendy, wow way cool link thank you

Stephenie
    • 2573 posts
    July 21, 2009 12:37 AM BST
    http://www.google.com/sea[...]=images

Google is always a good start for any search. The issue then becomes one of using the NOT entries to get rid of links for baby Dolls instead of lingerie/sleepwear. For some items it can be worth it to the person to pay to have a piece of clothing custom-made/bespoke. Some websites advertise they will copy a picture to make an item to your measurements.
    • 2573 posts
    September 29, 2009 2:53 PM BST
    In my opinion, it is well worth picking a search engine and using it's tutorial to really learn how to use it completely. the "do not include" can be very powerful in finding what you want when used properly. Each engine searches in a different way and will give different results. I used to use 23 engines, but have found that Google works best for me when not making a specialized search for which there are specialized engines. Even then, I use GoogleUK to search for Trannyweb Transgender News stories as it gives me a higher ratio of non-US stories. In the long run, learning proper use will save you hours of wasted time searching online.