SRS complete, now post op 6 days. :)

• 62 posts
    August 23, 2009 2:48 PM BST
    Well the deed is done.

Last tuesday I had my SRS with Dr. Christine McGinn in Philadelphia. I don't remember anything about the surgery, but everything else is still in my memory.

The first days were filled back pain. The 3rd day filled with constipation and gas pain. The 4th day filled with the opposite of constipation ( go figure, eh?) and the fifth day started to level out as I was discharged.

So here I sit in a hotel in Philadelphia, confined to positions consisting of laying on my back and tail bone with my legs shoulder's with apart. Yes I'm sore, tired, weak, exhausted, helpless, and mobily impaired, but I am happy. Everyday is a step forward. Its a long road of recovery, but I will get through it. I have to. Thats who I am.

Hope all is well with everyone.Will try to keep you updated with my progress.

Take care.

<3 Angel
    • 871 posts
    August 23, 2009 3:57 PM BST
    Congrats Angelyn! xxx
    • 746 posts
    August 23, 2009 5:52 PM BST
    Awwww Angelyn!!!

I'm sooo happy for you girl!!! Can't wait to hear about all the good things that will come down your path in the near future...you're beautiful and the look in your eyes must be precious to see in person....if you are ever in Virginia, I'd love to meet with you and just be a friend!
    Best wishes to you always!

Traci xxxxxx
    • 62 posts
    August 24, 2009 3:56 AM BST
    Thanks Penny and Nikki. ^.^ Feeling great in one sense is a definite for right now, but still have a ways to go til I feel great physically, lol.

Traci, thanks so much. I do have family near Rolla , NC that I need to visit at some point but if I somehow end up near Virginia, I will definitely let you know!
    • 29 posts
    August 24, 2009 7:17 AM BST
    Hi Angelyn, I'm so happy for you! It must be so exciting to finally have had SRS. I hope you will be up and about in good health very soon. Take care! Hugs.
    • 430 posts
    August 24, 2009 12:25 PM BST
    Hi Angelyn,

Congratulations & Happy (re)birth day

The first couple of weeks are bad.... you feel happy that its done, but hurt so much. The worst bit is when they take all of those thousands of little stiches out.

Just take it easy and follow the doc's advice....be a good girl now
    • 62 posts
    August 24, 2009 2:15 PM BST
    Thanks Katherine and Fiona.

Exactly, Fiona. I'm happy that its done but it hurts sooo much. Hurts constantly, even with the vicodin. Hurts a little to shift positions in bed (even though I don't have much leeway), hurts to shift to a sitting up position, hurts to stand up, hurts to toot, hurts to walk, but I know some of it will feel better after the packing and bandages are out/off. Yes dilation will hurt, but I'm sure laying and walking will start to become better...atleast I hope.

Anyway, doing what I can.Its all worth it, of course.

Thanks again, you two.

<3 Angel
    • 62 posts
    August 24, 2009 3:22 PM BST
    Thank you so much Wendy.

The world is changing. I see it everyday. I see it in the many friends I've made and found who didn't flinch when I came out and who flooded my phone and my online sites with messages wishing me good luck in the past few weeks and congrats and get well wishes in the last week. The nurses that took care of me who called me Angel and helped me correct my parents when they used the wrong pronoun despite my lovely beard and mustache from the week of no shaving. It is definitely getting better.

Hearing stories from you all and from others, I feel ever so fortunate to be able to get my surgery at an age that is considered young to most. To be able to live my life the way I see it when I close my eyes for such a big portion of my life makes me more joyful than I could ever imagine. Definitely expect a picture me in my first bathing suit once that day comes for that will my biggest day of celebration as it is something I have waited for for so long.

You all have shared your experiences with me back when I was still figuring myself out and still reaching out for help, support and information. You all helped me to get to where I am today. The least I can do is to show what joy I have attained because of it and to possibly help others who are where I once was. I can only hope that we all attain this joy in our lives. As always I send my best wishes to everyone of my sisters and brothers.

<3 Angel
    • 114 posts
    August 24, 2009 6:57 PM BST
    Hi, Angelyn...I am pretty new, so I don't know you.

But, I wanted to take a minute and wish you the very best. I hope your recovery is smooth and quick. I wish you only good! :-)
    • 62 posts
    August 25, 2009 1:28 AM BST
    Jenette, its nice to meet you.

Thanks so much for your well wishes. Everything is going fine, just taking one day at a time. ^.^

<3 Angel
  • September 28, 2009 12:43 AM BST
    I know this is a bit late but I couldn't help but say to you CONGRATULATIONS

I hope everything since then has gone just fantastic for you. I am truly very happy for you

Stephenie
    • 62 posts
    September 28, 2009 7:27 AM BST
    Thanks so much Stephenie! <3

Everything is going well, as far as I can tell atleast. Just currently working on getting my court ordered gender marker change. The judge isn't sure whether she wants to approve it or not yet.

Will update you with the verdict once I know.

Take care all.

<3 Angel
    • 62 posts
    September 28, 2009 6:52 PM BST
    Rose,

Wow, good for your 2nd opinion, then? And I'm glad you've made progress. Keep us updated and I'll keep you all updated.

Take care.

<3 Angel
    • 2017 posts
    August 23, 2009 4:54 PM BST
    Congratulations Angelyn, I hope everything heals nicely and you are back on your feet in no time. I can only imagine how great you must be feeling right about now. Take care, and I hope your recovery goes well.

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    August 24, 2009 3:10 PM BST
    Angelyn,
    I'm so happy every time one of my Sisters finally gets her surgery. It's another sign that the world has changed from my youth and encouragement for those girls coming along behind us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Yes, there is pain, but I am sure you knew that giving birth hurts. Enjoy your life as you were meant to all along.
  • September 28, 2009 8:53 AM BST
    Hi Angelyn,
    glad to know you're now complete and things are going well...last Tuesday I saw the shrinks and told them I'd got 2nd opinion so idiots asked me if I now wanted to go to surgeon! LOL So now I'm on the countdown and like lots of others will watch your progress reports.
    Shame about the crazy situation of USA gender changes but hang in there.