Who did your eyes?

• 1912 posts
    October 2, 2009 1:16 PM BST
    This could or maybe should be in the FFS forum except that I thought there was no need to limit it to full members. The other day while telling a longtime customer about my transition, we were looking through some photos I had put together. The subject eventually got onto surgery and I mentioned how a friend of mine had $32000 worth of facial feminization surgery. She then asks "Who did your eyes?" It turns out she seriously thought I had had plastic surgery when in fact I have had none. Looking through my pictures it is remarkable the changes that have happened since I began to transition.

It brings me to wondering how much of the change is due to hormones, and how much is really owed to the skin care products I use. I have received numerous compliments on my complexion. I attribute a lot of that to heredity, but also to 30spf sunscreen that I have religiously used since starting laser facial hair removal three years ago. I do spend money on quality skincare products like Olay ProX daily skin care and Loreal revita-lift eyecare products. I'm just wondering what others might see that works well. Also I think those not planning on transitioning or using hormones can help themselves by using these skincare products.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 308 posts
    October 2, 2009 6:43 PM BST
    Marsha,
    I must say, what your doing has a very profound effect on your skin. I also use many different skin care products, skin peels, derm-abrasion, etc ( yes one could say I am obsessed). I was going to start a post on just this, but it seems to fit here. I have also used some of the injectionables for wrinkles, in the link below, some work great, some just a waste of money. Sculptra being the best. I have tried. I have not tried the newer one approved in 08, will I, probably. But a word of caution, have a good surgeon.
    The best results I have found are through plastic surgery,( and I have had a lot done).
    Hope this helps any one,.....Tammy
    http://http://injectablesafety.org/
    • 2017 posts
    October 2, 2009 3:07 PM BST
    Since I'm not on them, I have no idea how much hormones would do for my complexion, but I do agree that using good quality skin care products can make all the difference. As I said in a recent article for the Tribune, there are a lot of things you can do even if you are not transitioning, to make yourself more feminine, and your photos and comments regarding your eyes goes to prove that.

It's all about taking good care of yourself with a healthy diet, exercise, and products that will enhance your skin and keep it rejuvinated.

Nikki