I FEEL AT HOME HERE

• 67 posts
    October 10, 2009 11:31 PM BST
    Hi Girls
    Been on the site just over a week now, got to admit its the best thing i have ever done.
    Not going to bore you with my past ( same as a lot on here ), feeling confused and not being allowed to live the way i feel.
    Having read quite a few profiles now, i feel i'am not alone any more.
    So here's to the future, where i can look in the mirror and be proud of who i'am, and come on here and be among friends.
    Paula xxx
    • 67 posts
    October 11, 2009 11:06 PM BST
    Thanks Anna and Wendy
    I'am sure i will speak to you both soon
    Paula x
  • October 12, 2009 10:43 AM BST
    Welcome Paula. Glad that you've found comfort at TW.
    • 1195 posts
    October 12, 2009 3:46 PM BST
    Paula
    Hi -let me add my greeting to you. I guess I've been a TW member for many years.
    You look great in your photo.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 67 posts
    October 12, 2009 10:57 PM BST
    Thanks Jellene and Gracie, for making me feel welcome.
    My smile is getting bigger, everytime i come on this site.
    Speak Soon
    Paula x
    • 67 posts
    October 15, 2009 11:20 PM BST
    Hi Nikki

Yes its fantastic to be treated like a normal person, and the site is brill.

Having been in a marraige where i was told, i was weird, strange and a prevert ( and a lot more as well !!! ).

I think we are the normal ones, its the rest of the world, i'am worried about !!!!

Speak Soon

Paula x
    • 8 posts
    October 16, 2009 4:01 AM BST
    Hi Paula, welcome to the site.
    • 67 posts
    October 16, 2009 11:30 PM BST
    Yeap your sooo right Nikki.

I feel we are the sane ones, on this planet.

Once you have found yourself, you are at peace with the world.

Thats what we are !!!!

Paula x

P.S. Thanks for the welcome Erica
    • 308 posts
    October 17, 2009 6:00 AM BST
    Welcome to TW Paula,
    I am so impressed with your upbeat outlook toward your gender journey. You seem to have such a refreshing attitude, and ready to take on what ever the world has to offer you. Gosh, the way you express yourself brightened my day.
    Tammy
    • 67 posts
    October 17, 2009 2:38 PM BST
    Tammy

Thanks for those kind words, you typify a lot of people on this site.

I,am soooo glad i brightened your day, and you have just brightened mine !!!

Life is too short to be unhappy, and now that i have found myself i,am going to live life to the full.

Take Care and Speak Soon

Paula x
    • 67 posts
    October 18, 2009 11:39 PM BST
    Hi Catherine

It was strange how it first happened with my wife.
    She was the one who dressed me, just for a laugh, early on in our relationship.
    But after that i wanted to do it more and more, ( thinking she approved ), it soon became apparent to her how much i enjoyed dressing, and she was appalled by this.

So then i went back to dressing in secret, so i know how you must feel !!
    I,ve always knew i was different, from about my early teens when i used to wear my mums dress.

Was it a factor in the breakdown of my marraige ?
    It contributed to it , but their was other reasons.
    I suppose we just grew apart.

I can understand the decision you have made, to dress in secret.
    Especially knowing your wifes views on th subject.

Even thou i'am now divorced ( and very happy ), one of my two children lives with me, and so i can only dress approx once a week.
    Which can be very frustrating !! ( but my kids come first, and always will )

Anyway Catherine, i,ve seen your pics, you look fantastic !!, wish i looked that good.
    So if you ever fancy a girly night out ( don,t mind travelling ), let me know.
    Anyway keep in touch

Paula

P.S. would love to have you as a friend on this site
  • October 19, 2009 2:05 AM BST
    Hey Paula!

I am also new to this website, but have found it wonderful in the same way you were describing. I have accepted the way I am for several years now, realizing that it is simply the way that I am. I am sorry about your wife; it must have been very hard to have someone important not be able to accept this aspect of your life. Anyway, I would love to chat/post further in the future!

Best wishes!

Stan

PS -- You look stunning in your picture. Quite convincing, quite convincing.
    • 67 posts
    October 19, 2009 11:18 PM BST
    Hi Stan and Welcome

Like me you have accepted the way you are, its a great feeling .

Don't feel sorry for my ex-wife not accepting the way i'am, HER LOSS, NOT MINE.

Thanks for the kind comments ( still got a long way to go on that front ).

Will speak soon for sure.

Paula x
    • 2068 posts
    October 11, 2009 1:20 AM BST

Welcome Paula, you're definetly in the right place to make new friends hon.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2573 posts
    October 11, 2009 2:09 AM BST
    Welcome to TW, Sister. I have been here for 5 1/2 yrs and I feel at home too...and, yes, coming here was the best thing I could have done for Wendy. I am a much happier and well-adjusted person than I ever have been. Now that gender is out of the way I can deal with my personal issues from a place that makes sense, finally. TW gets even better over time.
    • 2017 posts
    October 14, 2009 12:41 PM BST
    Hi Paula and welcome to TW, I'm glad to hear that you are getting so much out of it. It's a nice feeling isn't it, to be just treated normally?

Nikki
    • 2017 posts
    October 16, 2009 12:59 PM BST
    Hi Paula, yes you're right, we are the sane ones! Well, at least we aren't afraid of who we are. People should worry less about us and more about the real sicko's (peadophiles, rapists etc) in this world.

Nikki
  • October 18, 2009 6:38 PM BST
    Having been in a marraige where i was told, i was weird, strange and a prevert ( and a lot more as well !!!

Paula - did you come out as a crossdresser to your wife? Was that an important factor in ending your relationship?

I dress in secret myself, having taken the decision not to tell my wife about it, knowing that she regards crossdressing as "perverted". It's a real issue for many people on this site.

Anyway, I'm glad you're now free to dress as you want. You'll find it just gets better and better.

Catherine