Entering the Trannyweb Community

• October 15, 2009 2:01 AM BST
    Hello Everybody!

This is the first time that I have ever publicly discussed all of this, so bear with me here. From the moment I began to have sexual feelings, I noticed that they were inherently tied to cross dressing. For a while I didn't understand it at all, for another while I rejected my own nature on moral grounds, and within the last few years I have come to realize that the Lord made me as I am, and that I possess a unique perspective on the world that most other men lack. This isn't to say that my desire to cross dress doesn't still bother me; every time I see a woman dressed nicely, I feel a deep yearning deep in my heart to be able to dress like that too. I went into a counselor recently (as my college program provides the service free of charge), and she recommended I find an online community to release some energy. Thus I am here. I would love to use this experience to strategize, and to plan for eventually going more public.

I have been able to wear "women's" clothes in public on a few select occasions in the past, when people wouldn't be able to learn the way I truly am. In a renaissance-era musical production, my costume was in essence a knee-length skirt, and I adored every moment I was able to appear in public in it! Also, I once auditioned for all the lead parts in a Shakespeare production, including the lead female, and dressed for each. Sadly I was not cast as the female part, my secret ambition, but the director later told me that they had really wanted to. The only other person I have ever mentioned this too is my girlfriend, and she has been extremely supportive through it all.

In going public, I would like to be able not to entirely convert to dressing as a woman, but to be able to dress up once or twice a week and go outside. I own a knee-length skirt and a pair of flats, and it is my goal to be able to "come out", and not worry about what other people think of the way that I am. I hope that I will be able to gain some helpful tips from this community.

Thank you for allowing me in!

Stan Laurel
  • October 15, 2009 4:30 AM BST
    Hi Stan, and welcome to TW. You can be whoever you want here...
    • 308 posts
    October 15, 2009 7:09 AM BST
    Welcome to TW Stan.
    In time you'll find your gender path, like so many of us here, it takes time. Sounds like you have a good start. Wow, trying out for a lead role on stage, quite ambitious. I did a gig for the Detroit Opera House a few years ago, called Bravo Bravo, but I was well out of the closet then. You must be very comfortable with yourself to try something of that magnitude, my congratulations to you.
    There are a group of very intelligent ladies here, I am sure you can find all the support here that you may need.
    Welcome...Tammy
    • 9 posts
    October 15, 2009 9:09 AM BST
    every time I see a woman dressed nicely, I feel a deep yearning deep in my heart to be able to dress like that too.

I almost always find myself checking out women, not for their body, but to see what they're wearing, and then go on a rollercoaster of emotions when I so much wish I could dress as they do.

If you're similar to myself, it may start with just wanting to dressing up and going out once or twice a week, but eventually you may find you'll want to do it far more regularly.

You are fortunate that you have an understanding girlfriend.

Welcome to the community.
    • 171 posts
    October 15, 2009 9:25 AM BST
    Hello Stan Laurel
    You'll find lots of Hardy Annuals here.
    Welcome.
    Rachel
  • October 18, 2009 2:35 AM BST
    Thank you for all the feedback, everyone! The environment here is wonderful, and I look forward to not only gaining wisdom and experience about how to properly handle the curve ball that life has thrown me, and how to hopefully 'come out' as soon as possible. I look forward to more posts!

Stan
    • 67 posts
    October 19, 2009 11:29 PM BST
    From one newcomer to another, Welcome Stan

Paula x
  • October 21, 2009 4:02 AM BST
    Thanks, Paula! Have I told you that you look stunning? I am in Washington DC right now studying, but I can't wait until I get home and can take a picture of all my stuff! This website has finally given me a place to release.

Best!

Stan
    • 2017 posts
    October 15, 2009 3:20 PM BST
    Welcome to our island of sanity. You can be open about yourself in here and you will find that nobody will judge you unfairly. I think the advice from your consellor is good, as it will certainly help you to feel more comfortable with yourself, which is extremely important. Hope you enjoy yourself here and will no doubt find some new friends too.

Nikki