A whole month already

• 157 posts
    October 25, 2009 1:29 AM BST
    I’ve been a member of TW for about a month now and I have very much enjoyed reading the forums and the few opportunities I’ve had to visit chat. I have made a few posts to the forums, both as replies to threads and new comments. However, I found many that struck close to home, that I did not respond to because since they were a bit old I was not sure if my responses would be desired or even of benefit at this time or not.

I like that I see input from the whole continuum of gender. That the forums are not dominated by any particular ‘flavor’ – because we aren’t all the same and what is good for one is not necessarily good for another – and that’s a good thing, our differences are what makes each of us unique, not just a member of a herd.

As for my ‘flavor’, I used to think that I was required to choose either masculine or feminine, and that conflict brought me very near to the brink of the abyss. Fortunately when I thought all was dark someone reached in and pulled me out – got me to go to counseling and made me talk, talk, and talk. I realized I didn’t have to be a binary – an either/or – I realized I am both, or maybe neither, but I am me. Guess that makes me like Popeye, “I yam what I yam.”

Thanks TW for being here.

Jeri
    • 1912 posts
    October 25, 2009 3:21 PM GMT
    Hi Jeri,
    I'm glad to hear you are getting comfortable here. I have enjoyed your input on forum threads and look forward to reading more as time goes on.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1017 posts
    October 25, 2009 1:38 AM BST
    Hi Jeri,

Thanks for being there, yourself. I've enjoyed you posts and look forward to many more...

Isn't it great to be in a place where you are not only accepted, but respected and welcomed too...

Best,
    Meldoy

• 2358 posts
    October 25, 2009 11:24 AM GMT
    Hiya Jerri.

glad your enjoying it and feel at home. don't be put off, if a thread is old, some of the interesting ones keep getting resurected and new and interesting comments, replies added, then we re-read the whole thing again and are reminded of somthing else we have learned since last posting, or have changed our minds, lol. Everyones comments are valid and welcome, even if you were not here when the thread started.

xxXCristineXxx
    • 2017 posts
    October 25, 2009 2:35 PM GMT
    Hi Jeri, I'm glad you have enjoyed your first month here. Chrissie beat me to it about resurecting the threads, don't be put off, if you have something to add to them, then please do so as it will be nice to see your comments as well as giving others a chance to see a particular thread for the first time. Not to mention, those who have commented already might well have found they have something else or something different to add. Life is in a constant state of change after all.

Nikki