Blogs

• 1912 posts
    November 11, 2009 3:38 AM GMT
    Today I decided it was time to copy everything from my TW blogs to my computer. So far I have 72 pages worth of blogs and still have a year's worth of comments to copy. I thought maybe I should have a record or some sort of memoirs of my transition to pass on to my kids, maybe I will even write a book someday, lol. I only read bits and pieces as I copied and pasted the three years worth of blogs, still enough to get me crying. Experiences of finally finding others to talk to, coming out to my wife and family, my mother's passing, stories of friendships and and stories of anger. All things that go on in a transsexual's life, all things that went on in my life. How I have changed. I have so much to be thankful for, and there it is, put into words that can be shared for generations. I highly recommend everyone considers doing a blog and it doesn't matter if it is here at TW or at home on a piece of paper. We go through an awful lot, and someday it might be no big deal to transition, but it will mean plenty to them to know how we and our predecessors paved the way.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
  • November 11, 2009 10:30 AM GMT
    This is a wonderful idea Marsha, I'm sure that will be a treasure for you and your family. I'm just starting to transition now so maybe I really ought to keep a journal, especially when it seems that life keeps throwing me these hilarious, seemingly scripted events where the audience knows something about one character that the others don't. =)
  • November 15, 2009 3:57 AM GMT
    Hey Marsha,

You know thats what I been doing lately and I have been recording my transition from my memory of being young to today of being a transsexual. I will mostly likely write another blog entry of my transition since it lets me discuss what I am feeling at that moment especially when I am trouble by something. Whats funny about this is that I haven't really written a journal entry since 2004 which was several years ago and I guess since I started my transition as a transsexual I think I just feel the need to write my feeling down.

With Love.
    Ashley
    • 2573 posts
    November 14, 2009 10:47 PM GMT
    Marsha,

Keeping a journal is a long recognized task with benefits to the writer. I wholeheartedly concur with your proposition. In fact, some time ago I copied and printed out my files from my TW blog for my SO and my therapist (when I can afford to see him again) to read. In addition, rereading it does tell me how far I have come and what my reality was while here at TW. Memory can trick us. Hardcopy does not. Perhaps, someday, it will help family understand "Aunt Wendy". For those who really want to understand us in all our glorious variety, I can make no better recommendation than to read all of every blog on TW.