Prayers for Symantha

• 1912 posts
    November 19, 2009 2:46 PM GMT
    My best friend Symantha had her SRS in Thailand Wednesday last week. Although the surgery appeared to go fine she has developed DVT and swelling in both legs and ankles. I chatted with her last night and she was going to be seen by a cardiologist to confirm whether or not there were actually blood clots. There is additional concern because of the long flight home in twelve days. I met Symantha when I first became a member here at TW over 3 years ago. I ask that everyone keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery and a safe trip home.
    Love,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    November 21, 2009 2:41 PM GMT
    I got a call from Symantha last night and she is doing well. They did some ultrasounds on her and there is no DVT, just some swelling. So right now she is out of the hospital staying at a hotel with a friend from Wisconsin. She is hoping to have internet access on Monday. Thank you everyone for expressing your concerns.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2573 posts
    November 19, 2009 9:12 PM GMT
    Marsha,

I will do what I can to nudge the Multiverse in Symantha's favor until she is safe. Give her my best wishes. I will especially think of her recovery tomorrow when so many will be thinking of the safety and health of all of us.
    • 2463 posts
    November 19, 2009 10:33 PM GMT
    Will do. Me and Josie will both be on hand to help if needed.
    • 2017 posts
    November 20, 2009 2:40 PM GMT
    I hope she recovers okay Marsha and that this is resolved soon. I wish her a speedy recovery and a safe flight home.

Nikki